When's the last time you wrecked on your bike?

SmallShoes

On the way to Ballard to use the internet at a coffee shop before an appointment I managed to wreck on my bike - on the fucking train tracks underneath the Ballard bridge. Limped to Second Ascent to patch myself up (thanks Peter!) and am now at King's Hardware using their internet instead of the the coffee shop's.

I'm not drunk yet but I'm trying hard so I can kill the pain in my arm, shoulder, and knee. Since I'm drinking and on the net I thought I would let everyone know.

P.S. On a side note: WHY THE FUCK DOES IT HAVE TO BE SUNNY NOW?! WHY NOT WHEN I WAS FUCKING BIKING?! OH SURE IT'LL POUR FUCKING RAIN WHILE I BIKE AND MAKE IT SKETCHY AS FUCK BUT NOW IT'S FUCKING GORGEOUS WEATHER! FUCKING FUCK FUCK!

Okay I feel better.

Oh and to keep the discussion going - when did you last wreck on your bike?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

classic.....

but aaaw the joy of getting doored by a suv owner is supreme. i'm going about 25 on my mountain bike one the way to the trails, i am going between cars stopped at a light and parked ones; a door opens, its at my handlebar......whaap! crack! right on the hand(broken), i flipped awkwardly into a car...screeeeeeek! new paint?? and slam my helmet on the pave.. poooawk! the new front maxx is done for..bloody nose,hand,knee, elbow.the owner's a doctor...free xrays? i walked home.....

On the way to Ballard to use the internet at a coffee shop before an appointment I managed to wreck on my bike - on the fucking train tracks underneath the Ballard bridge.

:laf: I've wrecked on my bike at that exact spot in the exact same way.

I will chime in and say I have dumped in the exact same fucking spot. I know at least two other people who have done the same there as well. Hope you feel better soon.

I almost broke my wrist while biking back from N. Twin in the dark. About 10 minutes after taking the lead from my buddy I hit a man made tench across the road and flipped pretty hard. The picture is kind of blurry, but you get the idea.

BikeDmg.jpg

Edited by McStupid

On the way to Ballard to use the internet at a coffee shop before an appointment I managed to wreck on my bike - on the fucking train tracks underneath the Ballard bridge.

:laf: I've wrecked on my bike at that exact spot in the exact same way.

I will chime in and say I have dumped in the exact same fucking spot. I know at least two other people who have done the same there as well. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks Matt.

As soon as I walked into Second Ascent the owner said: "Let me guess - the train tracks by the Ballard bridge?"

Apparantly he knows of 10 different people who've wrecked there. Well 11 now. :mistat:

Almost eveytime I go mountain biking I have some type of small accident. Last time was twoo weeks ago (last time I was on my bike), I slipped off of a 7 foot high terrace, luckily it was a soft landing.

I have only wrecked a few times on the road.

I almost broke my wrist while biking back from N. Twin in the dark. About 10 minutes after taking the lead from my buddy I hit a man made tench across the road and flipped pretty hard. The picture is kind of blurry, but you get the idea.

BikeDmg.jpg

Nice picture. His bike ended up in the bushes about 30 feet away. Pretty much the first thing I said was "this is an asshole thing to say, but I'm glad you took the lead!" :fahq:

Crashed two years ago. Along with a nearly destroyed Scaphoid, I had a a broken Triquetral, Pisiform, three broken ribs, and a dislocated shoulder.

God I love talking about battle wounds!

P1010155.JPGP1010151.JPG

This is the utter joy in BMX dirt jumping.......

Edited by i_like_sun

Great x-ray. Recently it was with that new Italian road bike of mine while on a loop home thru Discovery Park. Damp pavement makes that one turn up to the church slick as snot. I was even saying "go slow here..." bam! Like someone kicked out both wheels. Got a hip bruise that resembles Great Britian.

Worst (best?) was that RR track thing in south Seattle at 20 mph. Big crash and burn. Cars stopped and a guy came running over - Are you alright? I think so -can you find my glasses? 6 mo later a distal clavicle resection. I should find that entertaining x-ray.

As soon as I walked into Second Ascent the owner said: "Let me guess - the train tracks by the Ballard bridge?"

Apparantly he knows of 10 different people who've wrecked there. Well 11 now. :mistat:

I crashed there too the first time I rode out that way, as did a friend of mine on his first time through. Caught us both by surprise while moving fast on road bikes. It's ridiculous that they haven't gotten around to fixing that section, considering that there are major bike paths leading to it in both directions.