New Hood tragedy book.

kurthicks

Since it's going to end up here anyways... I just got this in the WSU alpine club e-mail.

discuss.

----

Attention Climbing Club !!

The publisher is pleased to announce an exciting new book your

members are sure to be interested in, available at amazon.com:

Mount Hood

The Deep Blue Zone

Story of the 2006 Climbing Tragedy

By Hubert A. Allen, Jr.

Description: 116 page Hardback Book

Price US $23.95

Come into the Deep Blue Zone and experience the final

efforts of three brave climbers on Mount Hood last December.

Book Description:

America's most riveting mountain search occurred in December 2006 on Mount Hood in Oregon, USA. This book is not only exhaustively researched but includes estimated weather data for the summit deemed so useful that it was accepted for many of the investigation reports. What did happen to those three climbers? Get "The Deep Blue Zone" now on your shelves and find out!

Lectures are available with travel expenses and honorarium.

Thank you,

Hubert A. Allen Jr., Author

Hubert Allen and Associates.

Also - Please take a look at our other climbing books:

"The Simpson Incident and Other climbing Misadventures"

& "Breakfast with Kamuzu" a novel about Africa including

an ascent of the longest rock climb in Africa.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Self-published, of course. And the Touching the Void ripoff. And "a novel about Africa" including the longest climb - OOOOOOH MAN. I bet John Long, Jon Krakauer and Greg Child are quaking behind their seven-figure contracts, cause THERE'S A NEW KID ON THE BLOCK.

Self-published, of course. And the Touching the Void ripoff. And "a novel about Africa" including the longest climb - OOOOOOH MAN. I bet John Long, Jon Krakauer and Greg Child are quaking behind their seven-figure contracts, cause THERE'S A NEW KID ON THE BLOCK.

And he knows how to "estimate weather data". (Like 'It was probably a whiteout up there'). See, college meteorology courses can do more than get you a job with Tamara Taggart :laf:

I'm researching for my new book about the making of the book about the Mt. Hood tragedy. Any help from the climbing community would be appreciated.

Submit useful material and I will pee your avatar name on the lawn in front of the Mountaineers Headquarters.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I wonder if he has even climbed Hood? Or in the Cascades? He is from New Mexico and written other books on climbing but have not ever seen or heard of them. I am curious just to see what his point is and what his "facts" are. But, I am sure, tht is what he is banking on for book sales.......

"On a walk consuming peyote buttons on December 24, 2006 in the foothills of Albuquerque's Sandia Mountains, the author had a vision regarding the true story about what happened to the three climbers on Mt Hood. Arousing his curiosity as a biostatistician and ethnographer, it occurred to him to perform rituals which enabled him to understand details about this tragic event that no one else has been to deduce, even the professional mountaineers involved in the rescue operation. After a year's study, the author has now published his very convincing research on the accident.

Using archeology and astronomy, Allen has determined that the exact weather conditions experienced by the fateful party. The author was thus able to match the top of the Bermuda Triangle with Polaris (a.k.a the North Star) while the other points of the triangle align with the sunsets at summer and winter solstice which enabled him to publish this startling new book of facts about the accident, and start a new life as a vampire."

"On a walk consuming peyote buttons on December 24, 2006 in the foothills of Albuquerque's Sandia Mountains, the author had a vision regarding the true story about what happened to the three climbers on Mt Hood. Arousing his curiosity as a biostatistician and ethnographer, it occurred to him to perform rituals which enabled him to understand details about this tragic event that no one else has been to deduce, even the professional mountaineers involved in the rescue operation. After a year's study, the author has now published his very convincing research on the accident.

Using archeology and astronomy, Allen has determined that the exact weather conditions experienced by the fateful party. The author was thus able to match the top of the Bermuda Triangle with Polaris (a.k.a the North Star) while the other points of the triangle align with the sunsets at summer and winter solstice which enabled him to publish this startling new book of facts about the accident, and start a new life as a vampire."

:lmao: