Summer climbing roadtrip

tthirloway

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in the summer? Are you nutz/stupid?? right about now is good...

gotta say its a pretty rad place...sportcrackclimbing!!!!

plug/wedgemeat/pull-chug/plug/repeat ad nauseum til fatigued...go home/build fire/drinkbrewski(imported from outside mormon controlled country,of course)/passout under stars/wake up repeat...

Edited by RuMR

thread title says "SUMMER climbing roadtrip"...

phonix, its a wonderful thing!

:kisses:

through my drug induced haze all i saw was "climbing road trip" I think all the places i want to go the most are desert locations. spring and fall are climbing season. summer is hot and time to play around and chase the shade :cool: at smith or hang out at flagstone :moondance:

in the summer? Are you nutz/stupid?? right about now is good...

gotta say its a pretty rad place...sportcrackclimbing!!!!

plug/wedgemeat/pull-chug/plug/repeat ad nauseum til fatigued...go home/build fire/drinkbrewski(imported from outside mormon controlled country,of course)/passout under stars/wake up repeat...

sounds like absolute heaven :brew:

Now that summer is quickly approaching...

If you had one week off for a climbing trip during the summer, what is the best destination for a roadtrip?

Any type of climbing, preferably within reasonable driving distance of Seattle/Portland.

Go.

What do consider "reasonable driving distance"? I know guys who go to Yosemite in 4 days and live in Ptown.

Wa Pass. Free camping, river to swim in, cragging at goat rocks, often sunny. Swimmin at the lake. Lotsa options.

good call.

Ya.....what about just climbing at index for a week. Or just go to smith and chase the shade. Save money on gas if you climb close.

You can't go wrong on any of the choices. I'd go where my headspace would be best. Only you know how you feel on this. Yosemite has a times 9 better feel for goodness of heart than Smith for me, but if you don't have a campsite lined up in advance it can be real F*ed. Later summer Touleme.

You could swing right by Donner summit/Lovers Leap on the way back and crank some classic lines.

Wa Pass. Free camping, river to swim in, cragging at goat rocks, often sunny. Swimmin at the lake. Lotsa options.

good call.

Ya.....what about just climbing at index for a week. Or just go to smith and chase the shade. Save money on gas if you climb close.

Um yeah, Wa Pass is not remotely similar to Index or Smith.

good call.

Um yeah, Wa Pass is not remotely similar to Index or Smith.

Um yeah what? I was not implying it was.