HELP PLEAZ...not climbing related

Knottygirl

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you physically afraid of her? is she the type of crazy to be armed? if not, then, since there's more of you, it's simple - tell her:

1) it's been great, but you must be gone by this date

2) if you're shit is here past that date, it's going in the trash

3) we will beat the holy hell out of you if need be

might be nice to have some heat around - ask some big friends over - and get all the property you value in your room and behind a lock in the interim

it'd be helpful to know more about her brand of crazy - will she essentially be sleeping in the park w/ no job after you can her?

I had a similar situation involving a roommate who was using the basement as a shooting gallery for him and his junkie friends (many years ago). We asked him to leave. No go. We asked the landlord to intervene and her response was "its your problem, if you can't get it resolved I'll evict you all." I don't believe the landlord has any responsibility (or legal right) to evict just one person.

You have a lease? What does it say? What is the duration? Breaking a lease before the end of the lease period can be expensive and you could forfeit all your deposits.

Or do you mean "rental agreement"? If its a rental agreement its probably month-to-month. Have the landlord re-write a new agreement, leaving the problem child off. Then give her an ultimatum (in writing): move out or we move you out. If she doesn't get out, next time she leaves the house pack up all her shit and put it on the curb. Then get a keg and change the locks--wait for the fireworks to begin. Let me know if you choose this option so I can come over and watch.

In my case, we all just moved out and went our separate ways. The junkie died of an overdose less than a year later. Sad.

i wish i could

the other roomies asked her leave a few months ago and i was like give her another chance (we used to be pretty good friends before she went single white female on me). so we gave her another chance...but that blew up in our face. i guess i should just move out! uggg.

If she doesn't get out, next time she leaves the house pack up all her shit and put it on the curb. Then get a keg and change the locks--wait for the fireworks to begin. Let me know if you choose this option so I can come over and watch.

spectacular! let us all know!

so the last place she lived they did just that...put her stuff out and changed the locks. we legally can't do that.

we asked her to leave because this is a communal house and she refuses to even clean up after herself...and is constantly disrupting the peace. she's a really negative loud person.

I don't feel physically threatened...I am a climber after all, and somewhere I do have a temper that i could whip out! :mad:

did just hear from the lawyer and since she is a "recognized roomie" she is technically renting from us not the landlord so we might be able to easily remove her. Fingers crossed

do you live in Oregon or Washington state?

part of the problem I would imagine is that "Laura" is going to have a hard time finding another place to live given her history and mental state. Maybe she feels she has no where to go and cant afford a place by herself and thinks she "cant" leave. not to get too soft on you, but maybe you all need to sit down and have a heart to heart intervention / conversasion Oprah style. she obviously needs help. if you have done this already, do it again in a non-threatening matter and try to reach out. see if you can help her through whatever is troubling her w/o the end result of forcing her out. you need some kind of mediator too. you dont want her to feel ganged up on. there needs to be neutral party involved.

Is craziness contagious? WTF are you talking about? Get the chick out of your home and return to normalcy.

I'm a lover not a fighter. :)

oh, oh, oh, should I get all Taoist?

:P

Damming a stream might take a thousand rocks, but diverting it might only take 1 :) :)

If she's feeling persecuted and is on the defensive she'll never go along with anything even if it's in her own best interests. If you can get her off the defensive and not try to assign blame you might get lucky and she'll see reason. You can always escalate and change the locks but you can't ever de-escalate.

I know I am.... can't we all just get along?! sickie

Vote freedom first!

Sounds like Laura's got a serious chemical imbalance. All the love, hugs and understanding in the world are no substitute for proper diagnosis, medication, and therapy. Kick Demon Seed's whiny ass out and let her take some responsibility, or not, for her own problems. It sounds to me like she's speeding down the road to eventual homelessness. That might be a therapudic message to convey just before the door hits her in the ass on the way out.