Need to borrow a wilderness hand drill and..

layton

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why use 1/4 bolts, those are scary, the reason most people don't even carry them anymore.

i assume b/c hand-drilling a 3/8 bolt takes more time and energy - niether of which are desired when you're in the alpine and/or you're the size of a small elf smile.gif

Why use 1/4 bolts, those are scary, the reason most people don't even carry them anymore.

you are retarded. wave.gif

I kinda take offense to refering to me as retarded. By asking a question that I do not know the answer to, I am leaving myself open to learning something new that I did not know about. I always say it is better to ask a so called "retarded question" than be an ignorant climber who thinks he knows everything. I was under the assumption that no one really used 1/4 ers any more and I was curious as to his use of them. However thank you for your rhetoric.

powerhound... IN the alpine world where less is better...

the use of 1/4" expansion bolts is due to the less amount of effort (energy) needed to drill the hole. using modern 1/4" expansion bolts is way better than the old skool button heads or expansion bolts...likewise the hangers are better....smc's and leepers (especially) should be clipped with a bit a skepatism.

I know I always shutter when clipping the old 1/4" bolts so widespread in the alpine world but shit damn; its better than nothing...

you are retarded. wave.gif

I kinda take offense to refering to me as retarded. By asking a question that I do not know the answer to, I am leaving myself open to learning something new that I did not know about. I always say it is better to ask a so called "retarded question" than be an ignorant climber who thinks he knows everything. I was under the assumption that no one really used 1/4 ers any more and I was curious as to his use of them. However thank you for your rhetoric.

Just be glad you don't own a "SUV" (Toyota) or have ever hit any deer.

Bolt everything.