Official 2nd Annual Smith Tuft Love Fest thread

gapertimmy

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah did you guys actually send something - or just drink beer all weekend? hahaha.gif

a little of that too wink.gif

WHat a great time! Alas, I have no pictures becasue my camera died. Thank You to Off_White and Thinker (Dave) for taking me out on some awesome climbs this weekend! Off led us up Super Slab where I encountered my first traverse. Scarey stuff. Dave took me up Spiderman, where destiny played a part and we ran into Off_White and his crew. Off, I did that route with not one piece of gear pulled on laugh.gif You can ask Dave! I didn't cheat! Perfect way to end an awesome weekend. I have a date with that Moonshine Crack though....and i plan to hit it when I go down to appear at my courtdate.

Again, awesome weekend! Thanks TG for the most awesome beer and yes, hypocritical me says, yet again, PLEASE BOTTLE laugh.gif

Thanks Kurt for all the firewood, and everyone else for the great company and stories. It was so nice meeting everyone. You're such a great group of people! wave.gif

Had a great drive up and back with Coondog and Dr_Crash. Lots of laughs and great friends laugh.gif

Yup, it was a great weekend. Thanks to Snowbyrd, Thinker, CPoly, and the unregistered lurker for being great climbing partners. Congrats on the stylish ascent Snowbyrd. Here's a few pics from the weekend

1970smith_-_super_slab_traverse-med.JPG

Snowbyrd steps out on the Super Slab traverse, while Thinker provides a thoughtful back rope.

1970smith_-_cpoly_on_spiderman-med.JPG

CPOly uses his new rack of nuts on Spiderman

1970smith_-_start_of_spiderman-med.JPG

Snowbyrd starts up Spiderman

1970smith_-_upper_spiderman-med.JPG

Snowbyrd belays Thinker up the second pitch of Spiderman

1970smith_-_sunset-med.JPG

The weather was clearly atrocious. Everyone has a sunset shot of asterisk pass, now I do too.

Excellent photo Shred, thought that was George W. for a second. Really good to see you guys out there this weekend. I finally got to meet the legendary TG, did you guys enjoy Carla the Stripper/Lusty Lady? I saw a bunch of people on it from Brogan Spire and wondered if it was you all. RBW, I'll take you up on that 1st round bigdrink.gif anytime your in the area. Unless GaperTimmy has a really good reason, everyone should PM him nasty messages.

good GOOD TIMES indeeed!!! my thanks to TG for being there and for his beer!!! next year i want to climb with you cool.gif

thank you kurt for the fire wood smile.gif

thank you to tex for putting up that awsome climb for everyone to work on... nice work cool.gif

and thank you Fern and Geek the Greek! fruit.gif

I had so much fun climbing and arround the campfire. I brought a small crew of non posters with me they all had a great time too.

mikey i thought your joke was funny cool.gif

Who says bolt protected climbing can't be scary?

1826Smith10-04_004-med.jpg

Lunger preparing for the hand traverse on Sky Ridge

1826Smith10-04_013-med.jpg

We topped out on Sky Ridge and I caught a cool Silouette of these three guys. I don't know who they are or what route this is, but I'm pretty sure they climbed Delerium Tremens and Heresy this weekend.

1826Smith10-04_016-med.jpg

Michael Layton is a better climber than a joke teller. Here he is shining like a "Morning Star" in the lower gorge.

1826Smith10-04_043-med.jpg

Pssssttt.... I see drunk people....

1826Smith10-04_050-med.jpg

Zebra-Zion is my new favorite route at Smiffay. Lunger tackling the final pitch in his "phallus" shirt.

1826Smith10-04_061-med.jpg

A view of Cocaine Wall from the top of Zebra-Zion. Note sporto monkey on "Vomit Launch".

1826Smith10-04_064-med.jpg

A most excellent weekend. Thanks (I think) to TG for the bigdrink.gif and to all you fine folks for being excellent climbing partners, storytellers, and goofy humans.

We topped out on Sky Ridge and I caught a cool Silouette of these three guys. I don't know who they are or what route this is, but I'm pretty sure they climbed Delerium Tremens and Heresy this weekend.

1826Smith10-04_016-med.jpg

Nice pic. I think that's MtnHigh, FunGuy and I topping out on Wherever I May Roam near the end of the day Friday. Fun stuff.

That was a GREAT week-end. I love this place, you guys were really nice to hang out with and drink with, and I did some awesome climbing, including my first 5.10a (Irreverence, felt easy, after just having climbed Revelation), first lead (a palsy 5.6 but that was plenty enough without a rope above me), and my first significant multipitch (Wherever I roam, 5 pitches, 5.9, topping out with a great view, after sweating like an animal from fear of falling on that traverse---yes, I'm a newbie).

I met a bunch of people who I knew by alias / avatar, and it was great to put a face on your names and talk to you.

I loved all of it. It was really cool to hang out, bigdrink.gif, bigdrink.gif and did I mention bigdrink.gif? Thanks TG!

And Coondog, thanks again for being my climbing partner. I enjoy every minute of it.

SnowByrd, thanks for providing the drive vehicle and the entertainment, as well as simply for being there. It was a great long week-end. Rock on, baby!

drC