Seasonal Beers

willstrickland

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Werd! I just drank the last Wassail, so I now I got plenty 'o things to look for when I jet over to the store. Definitely gonna stock up the Alaskan Smoked Porter big bottles, and try to round up some of that Jolly Roger...sounds like a winner.

I've had the Bigfoot, Caveman, and I gotta say, it's mighty tasty. So many choices....good thing I've got a lot of problems to drink off my mind! bigdrink.gif

Anybody know what Rogue's seasonal is? Man, that Rogue pub in NW PDX is the shizzle, a little pricey, but superb beer!

Santa.jpg

Santa's Private Reserve

Rogue's annual holiday offering, Santa's Private Reserve, is a variation of the classic Saint Rogue Red, but with double the hops--including Chinook, and Centennial, and a mystery hop called Rudolph by head brewer John "more hops" Maier! This holiday elixir is brewed with two-row Harrington, Klages and Munich malts, along with Hugh Baird 30-37, Carastan 13-17, and Crystal 70-80 malts, plus free range coastal water and John's proprietary top-fermenting Pacman yeast. Available in both 22-ounce bottles and on draft.

Measurements: 13 degrees Plato, IBU 60, Apparent attenuation 73.1, Lovibond 26.75.

• 1 year later...