Mounties Pics

priapism

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah...i saw Choada_Boy over at bartells freaking out trying to return a box of condoms...yelling about inferior protection...

he was getting quite upset when the young lady very quietly and discreetly was trying to tell him that perhaps he needed to "downsize" from mediums to small for a proper "fit"...he was getting really irate...started yellin' and shit...the manager came over and said "wow, you are quite intimidating looking for one packing such small gear"...let me get you a fresh box of properly fitted "equipment"...we just got the smalls in!

Edited by RuMR

1. I recognize some of the peeps in the pix, and most of the pix are from the Mounties scrambling course, not the climbing course. Most of those people are getting somewhat vertical for the first time in their lives, fresh off the hiking trail, so whaddya expect?

2. I learned how to climb through the generosity of volunteers in the Mountaineers, and I sure as hayll ain't gonna bite the hand that fed me, so to speak. CC.com didn't exist when I started climbing, besides which, noobs get so much flack on this site, doubt they would get a good start in climbing here.

3. That said, I personally have never enjoyed the structured, virtually militaristic way outdoor clubs like the Mounties run their courses, but it must work for some people--they've been running courses for a long-ass time, and it gets the job done. And aside from the structure, you meet some nice folks and good climbers.

the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

Yes, it may seem evil and cruel and egotistical to be making fun of these pictures, even though some peeps on cc.com either at some point were or are members of the mounties. You're right, though the mounties structured way of teaching may not suit everyone, it is in fact a very good environment for learning for others.

That being said, it is just way too much fun to have a laugh at these pictures, even if they are just pics from some scrambling class! yelrotflmao.gif

You ar e-poseurs, you wish you had the relaxed beginner mind of those you ridicule.

Be sure and bring your freakiness on March 10 at Seattle Mountaineers, or your Choada-Boy anger, or your monty pythonesque aisle-climbing, wirlwind suggested PBR's as pro, cuz climbers will HANG ONTO THOSE!!! yellaf.gif

PICT0198.sized.jpg

What the hell is going on over on the right? Looks like the person with their back to the camera is either body-checking the other person, or delivering a fierce uppercut. Looks like the tall guy's doubling over from the impact. Is it like some kind of Mountie initiation thing, where they beat the shit out of you for two minutes, and then you're in? Like joining the Crips or whatever?

PICT0198.sized.jpg

What the hell is going on over on the right? Looks like the person with their back to the camera is either body-checking the other person, or delivering a fierce uppercut. Looks like the tall guy's doubling over from the impact. Is it like some kind of Mountie initiation thing, where they beat the shit out of you for two minutes, and then you're in? Like joining the Crips or whatever?

The are trying to locate the mountie's package.