I know what you did last summer.

wayne

Please chestbeat here..

This endless summer season seems finite now.

Please fess up here wit the list of your biggest routes that you did this season.

If this co-op master-b gets to page 2 or 3, I will post the list of my best year of climbing that I have ever had.(Bait)( Hook?)(Troll...) rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MisterE said:

Please tell, Wayne. We know you are just dying to tell us about the "fence" - I saw the shirt you made for your own climb. Real subtle rolleyes.gif

In case you didnt know, I have a close friend that makes t-shirts for a living. You do understand the concept?I also have an affenity for shirts ,because by selling them, I was able to finance a large trip to the Himalaya. You dont go after those mountains subtley

Dont get me wrong here. I really would just like to know what people do here in the summer.

Dont want to participate? Go back to your spray hole moon.gif

Ok Wayne, you've pulled me out of my shell. Posting climbs on cc recently has not been something I wake up in the morning looking forward to, but it's time for all of us to share our experiences and contribute to the community we have here.

My son and I climbing together at Smith

Whitney East Buttress

Bugaboo NE Ridge

I climbed a lot this year, nothing "hardman" but lots of incredible scenes.

1) Triple Couloirs - with HighClimb and others.

2) A week in Sierras with HighClimb - Matthes Crest, Fairview, Bear Creek Spire were highlights.

3) A week in the Bugs with RobertM and Mark Pratt - NE Arete Bugaboo, McTech Arete, etc.

4) The Ptarmigan Traverse with Der Wanderer - peakbagging, fantastic scenery, jeezey!

5) W Face Sloan, NE Ridge Triumph, N Ridge Baker - three great "medium classics" with friends.

6) Late season skulk into the Pickets for a walk up.

7) Lots of mornings at Index working the cracks, getting schooled, taking a nice fall.

I feel so satisfied, kind of long-term tired, enjoying the break from climbing, hanging out at home, nothing to prove to myself. Now I play piano, watch movies, read and go camping.

But there are great climbs that will keep me excited about next summer: N Ridge Stuart, Liberty Ridge, Sleese.

I have two main thoughts now: Raise a glass to all the great partners who help you live your dreams. And it's the life at home that nurtures the life in the mountains. Come home, embrace it and find peace.

In the tradition of "jumping the shark": namaste!

fruit.gif

mvs said:And it's the life at home that nurtures the life in the mountains. Come home, embrace it and find peace.
indeed, and vice-versa, the mountains make life at home so much more! lying in a sunny field, good music with friends, the smell of fresh bread, a warm bed, all have more significance after some hard work in the hills. smirk.gif

I had a pretty dry summer as far as climbing is concerned. Spent the whole thing getting ready to do a 100 mile mtn bike race in CO. (definitely a highlight to have finished) I did have three great experiences that where climbing or semi-climbing related:

1) trail run around Hood with younger brother - at night

2) trail run almost up to summit of Olympus and back with mtnhigh & Funguy

3) first multi-pitch climb with my son (Moscow 5.6 @ Smith) That was by far the best of them all, makes me teary just thinking about it.

Formaldehead said:

slaphappy said:

wayne1112 said:

Please chestbeat here..

If this co-op master-b gets to page 2 or 3, I will post the list of my best year of climbing that I have ever had.(Bait)( Hook?)(Troll...) rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Gee, reward us oh "great one"... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Please PM me your entire climbing resume.

No, No, you must tell me yours and if it happens to be worthy I will then bless you with my superior one... rolleyes.gif

scw descent trail 13 minutes from the base of o.s. to the top.

i've been in the mt rainier parking lot 32 times

i've belayed 5.13 os

own a national parks pass(2 years running)

currently retain two pairs of new shoes

own all wiregates

and one time sold a bag to dean potter.

that is all me right there kids on the table....show me yours!