junkie

Dru

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 point crampons bought in 79. i gave em away sometime in the 80s to a hillwalker type. some chouinard hexes. gave em away to a river rafter type (now i got some metolius curved ones that are useful).

lately i gots some rockempire cams that i have yet to use (the bigger ones only. i done already used the small ones. theyr good.)

lummox said:

10 point crampons bought in 79. i gave em away sometime in the 80s to a hillwalker type. some chouinard hexes. gave em away to a river rafter type (now i got some metolius curved ones that are useful).

lately i gots some rockempire cams that i have yet to use (the bigger ones only. i done already used the small ones. theyr good.)

Yer old.

Siltarp--just haven't got in the habit of packing it. and I used up the seam sealer on something else.

10 cm ice screw. --carried it, haven't had to place it yet.

12 in. Bundt pan--It came in a set. I've used the cookie sheet and the muffin tin, but I've never made a bundt cake. cry.gif

Dru said:

list the gear you bought but have never used not even once (inside your house does not count).

mine is a minitraxion pulley and a belay seat (butt bag).

yellaf.gif thats funny I got two pullies i've never used... Never used one of my hex nuts, the bigest one BD makes.

Patagucci Stretch Speed Ascent. Stupid warm, so I cut the fleece liner out and it's my new ski stretchysoft thingy fer this year.

Mtn HWear Chugach Parka. The thing is huge and conduit coating for like Arctic stuff I guess. Hanging on to it in case I ever have to work up north tongue.gif

Lowe Superfangs. Make me an offer. Awesome Jeff Lowe retro 80s look rolleyes.gif

Ursa_Eagle said:

A few cheap titanium ice screws. I got them as leaver screws, and thankfully haven't had to bail off anything yet where I'd need to leave them.

Maybe this is a dumb question, but what is the situation where you'd use ice screws to bail rather than vee thread? Like when you are in a super hurry to get down as in a thunderstorm or something?

catbirdseat said:

Maybe this is a dumb question, but what is the situation where you'd use ice screws to bail rather than vee thread? Like when you are in a super hurry to get down as in a thunderstorm or something?

some of us weren't intelligent enough to figure that out when they bought the screws for cheap. cantfocus.gif

needless to say, they don't get carried around much.

catbirdseat said:

Ursa_Eagle said:

A few cheap titanium ice screws. I got them as leaver screws, and thankfully haven't had to bail off anything yet where I'd need to leave them.

It's pretty spicy to v-thread thin runnels, or ice-filled cracks.

specialed said:

mtngrrrl said:

-Reverso

-RopeMan

If you're not using your Reverso, you're sport climbin way too much.

And wut the hell is a ropeman? confused.gif

Guess you're making some assumptions there, eh Ed? I use a munter and ATC for most belays. And I've long used a gigi for double ropes. Why bother with another device? I got a sweet deal on it this spring, but I haven't been dissatisfied with my other methods enough to pick up the Reverso.

Like rumr said, the Ropeman is a nice small ascender. Look on www.wildcountry.co.uk if you really want to see it.

Yeah, I forgot about that Fifi hook. Maybe it would make a nifty keychain. Easy-daisies made the Fifi irrelevant before I ever got a chance to use it.

Snow fluke. Anyone going to Alaska wanna buy it?

Plastic map folder. I just get laminated maps or those cool Nat'l Geo maps on waterproof paper.

Pins. Haven't used either of 'em (yet). rolleyes.gif

40' of 4mm cord for bear-bagging. I always end up camping where there are neither bears nor trees.