MORE CLIMBING TALK!!

chucK

We are reaching a time of unprecedented climbing and pre-climbing chestbeating, yet for some reason the only climbing reports to come from this obviously productive weekend are reports of Dryad's ascent of Liberty Bell thumbs_up.gif, pictures of 6 year olds toproping 5.3 with incorrectly tied knots hellno3d.gif, and a little supersecret cryptic banter over some route somewhere around WA Pass yellowsleep.gif.

C'MON GUYS N' GALS....GIVE IT UP wave.gif

From reading this board today it appears that beyond the aforementioned items the most exciting event participated in by you "climbers" is listening to Shrub's speech on the way home.

MORE CLIMBING TALK!!

Erik, GregW and your other mysterious guests at WA Pass....What did you climb? Was it fun? Was it scary? Was it Alpine?

Mattp, what were you doing up at WA Pass?

Toast! Did you climb Malachite or what?

Scottyterrorix! Did you climb Thomson? How did the Newbie do?

Peter Puget!!! We loved your trip report that one time. Can you grace us with another?

Layton and Jordop, what are you really doing?

Anybody else that I have insensitivly left out...

MORE CLIMBING TALK!!!!

Punch some keys about climbing instead of the 87 billion. I've already got AM talk radio, (the Dave Ross show 710 KIRO) to fill me in on that political stuff.

Uncle Tricky? Bobby Peru? What did you do? wazzup.gif

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was in the aforementioned group of 6 year-olds. We climbed at Roto Wall. My daughter was the one with the incorrect knot. She got up about 50 feet and called down "Daddy, I think my knot is coming untied" shocked.gif "HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT" I thought. LeeJams got pretty wide eyed and Bug got the word. I asked them if they could hold the rope for me or do something else and Bug (Da da daaaaaa!) quickly sprang into action (his shoes) and soloed up to my daughter. As I hoped, it was only the keeper knot that unraveled and all was well. Phew!

Then Bug stayed up there and coached her up the hard part at that top. My daughter was stoked and worked two more offwidth 5.3's thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif.

Bug rockband.gif ! Seriously. Thanks again dude.

So Fern, were you part of this romantic interlude thingy at WA Pass which you referred to on rec.climbing?

Scottyterrorix!

Did you climb Thomson? How did the Newbie do?

How did you know I was gonna head up thomson?

Did I post that somewhere?

We actually headed up Sahale and met up with the climbing ranger and his friend. I still am amazed that Ursa person did the route RT in 8.5 hours RT. We did it 9 hours RT and we ran down the trail from cascade pass all the way to the TH.

Mattp! No, thank you for contributing! I do enjoy a nice hike!

Scotty my man! Excellent chestbeat! 9 hours hellno3d.gif, saaah-mokin' thumbs_up.gif! I will have to try that one day!

E-Rock thank you for your sarcastic rhetorical question! I hope it helps root more climbing tales!

Do exclamation points lose their value if every sentence in a post ends with one?!

Did you use ropes? That would have slowed us up (and prolly been a lot safer, especially on what we climbed on the summit pinnacle.) We were moving quickly down the trail, a moderate jog at times, but not really running. (The descent was interesting enough after the beers at Sahale Camp without trying to run.) And did the snaffle lick your gaiters and try to eat your ankles? hahaha.gif (I'll post pics once I get around to resizing them)

I "climbed" Mt. Wow in Mt. Rainier National Park this past Saturday, but it's really just a bushwhack. Lots of scrapes and a few stings, but we spent 2 hours on the summit staring at the Tahoma Glacier, then an hour down at Lake Allen swimming and drinking beers. rockband.gif

On Sunday the was crappy weather so I went caving.

Ursa_Eagle said:

Did you use ropes? That would have slowed us up (and prolly been a lot safer, especially on what we climbed on the summit pinnacle.) We were moving quickly down the trail, a moderate jog at times, but not really running. (The descent was interesting enough after the beers at Sahale Camp without trying to run.) And did the snaffle lick your gaiters and try to eat your ankles? hahaha.gif (I'll post pics once I get around to resizing them)

Did we use ropes? Hell yes!

I had my new Rando rope that is 30M 8mm.

That thing kicks ass.

Tons of dead ends on the sahale glacier where the bridges had collapsed recently, so we had to end run almost all of them.

We also went slow up the east gully, belaying the last bit in gaper style. I guess I dont think a stupid slip in the sandboxes are really worth it not to rope up there, but that's just me.

The rappel was fun with a 30M rope, and we trudged back pretty qickly down the arm, only to stop a few times and get some great shots of marmots and sahale.

Compared to 2001, the glacier was darn broken up

MtnHigh said:

I used to post TRs in the past, but got tired of getting slammed by all the bravo hardmen and flaming cynics. I'd rather just keep my climbing activities to myself and close climbing friends.

And that is something that we should try to eliminate. It's the only bad thing about this website. frown.gif

Can't be denied that there is a pervasive one-upmanship on this site. Perhaps it can push people to do great climbing, but the elitism can get hard to handle at times. MtnHigh's trip reports were some of the best and he's a great guy to climb with. The perceived negativity is unfortunate. Do other people feel this way?

scot'teryx said:

Did we use ropes? Hell yes!

I had my new Rando rope that is 30M 8mm.

That thing kicks ass.

Tons of dead ends on the sahale glacier where the bridges had collapsed recently, so we had to end run almost all of them.

We also went slow up the east gully, belaying the last bit in gaper style. I guess I dont think a stupid slip in the sandboxes are really worth it not to rope up there, but that's just me.

The rappel was fun with a 30M rope, and we trudged back pretty qickly down the arm, only to stop a few times and get some great shots of marmots and sahale.

Compared to 2001, the glacier was darn broken up

We were really wishing we had one. The free soloing was right about at my limit of being too sketched out. Rappelling down would have made life SO much nicer. And wandering through the crevasses was certainly interesting too! (We were following footprints which we knew were only about an hour old, otherwise we prolly would have bagged it on the glacier.)

Chuck, I climbed the NW Face of Liberty Bell with Erik and

AlpineK, there was no romance for me rolleyes.gif

It was my first time to climb in WA Pass, and it was beautiful.

I would like to climb there again sometime. You wanna go?

The most amusing point of my weekend was running into a

Christian motorcycle gang on the way home who thought I was

reading the bible at the WA Pass overlook. They were

a little disappointed that it was actually the Beckey guide

and not 'The Good Book', so I told them it was just a matter

of perspective. cantfocus.gif

Went to Index on Saturday and it was awesome! Held Fred Rogers on his biggest fall on gear to date.

I've barely been climbing technical rock this summer so I thought I get a good ole Index whoopin. Ended up sending for the first time both Marginal Karma and Even Steven. Finished the day off by doing laps on Jap Gardens full pitch.

Came out to my car to find someone scribbled in the dirt on the window. Then had a dude in a purple Toyota truck chase me down wanting to start some shit thinking I messed up his truck mirror.

All in all a complete day at Index! bigdrink.gif