Bush asks for $87 Billion

EWolfe

rolleyes.gif

From CNN:

Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean, the early front-runner for the Democratic nomination, called Bush's remarks "nothing short of outrageous."

"In 15 minutes, he attempted to make up for 15 months of misleading the American people and 15 weeks of mismanaging the reconstruction," he said.

Democratic Sen. Bob Graham of Florida, who opposed the war and is a candidate for his party's presidential nomination, said the $87 billion is "more than the federal government will spend on education this year, twice as much as the federal government will spend on our roads, bridges, highways and public transit systems."

"The president is clearly making a judgment that it is more important for us to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan than it is to deal with the very serious problems that we have in the United States,"

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bush is a piece of shit. his cronies are bigger pieces of shit. they should go to texas jr(iraq) and deal with the fucked up mess they started. their western christain belief systems are not working. i hope bush drowns in the shit mire which he has created!

I agree with all that you just stated, Erik, but I also hope that we don't just try to "cut and run" from Iraq. I think that neither invasion was justified, but now that we are there I think we have an obligation to try to be sure that both countries land on their feet.

erik said:

bush is a piece of shit. his cronies are bigger pieces of shit. they should go to texas jr(iraq) and deal with the fucked up mess they started. their western christain belief systems are not working. i hope bush drowns in the shit mire which he has created!

thumbs_up.gif

erik said:

Typical mindless gaper liberal spray. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Let's not forget that the $87 Billion will probably be on borrowed funds. The borrowed funds require interest payments too. $87 billion is only the initial capital cash outlay over a certain period of time.......$87 will probably come to $150 billion when you include interest in cash outlays.

MisterE said:"The president is clearly making a judgment that it is more important for us to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan than it is to deal with the very serious problems that we have in the United States,"

True. But we still have a higher standard of living. Our complaints about our problems are trivial to third world countries. I would rather be a homeless man in Seattle than a homeless man in Karachi.

erik said:

Erik is about as eloquent as a newly dropped turd yelrotflmao.gif

I'm not a "Bush Hater", just an American that has a fondness for the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights of which this current administration has trashed.

Soon however, the impact of what the Shrub has unleashed will become self evident even by those that I now call the new Tories.

Consider now that the reconstruction of Iraq will eventually fail due to deficit spending. Robbing Social Security to pay for this quagmire will quickly drain this program leaving either our elderly in dire straights, or the fiscal gutting out of other programs to keep it shored up....

So, I'm not sorry to say in the least to all those misguided American Tories, I'm not voting for your king.

mattp said:

I agree with all that you just stated, Erik, but I also hope that we don't just try to "cut and run" from Iraq. I think that neither invasion was justified, but now that we are there I think we have an obligation to try to be sure that both countries land on their feet.

You're right about sticking it out in Iraq. Regardless of your feelings about justification, reversing course now would result in a blood-bath.

Matt, do you seriously mean that our actions in Afghanistan were not justified? Are you fucking serious? Have you forgotten how the former leaders of that nation played host to Al Queda? And then refused to evict them/ hand them over after 9/11?

At least a reasonable case can be made against our actions in Iraq. But Afghanistan? Even my most liberal friends tell me our response in Afghanistan was just. What would you have done Matt? Negotiate? (Grabbed your ankles in typical liberal fashion?) Apparently you've forgotten; there is an anniversary coming up on Thursday. Some 2700 killed 9/11/01 from 40+ nations. Murdered where they worked.

I'm "fucking serious," Fairweather. Yes, some action against Bin Laden and Al Queda would have been justified but in fact it looks to me as if we did not target them - we took over Afghanistan and let Bin Laden and Al Queda go. If Bin Laden was the real target, wouldn't we have waited to start the invasion until we knew exactly where he was?? MAYBE there are fewer active training camps, but it is equally likely that there will be much MORE support for Al Queda - for the next 30 years or more - as a direct consequence of our recent actions. If you will recall, the 911 hijackers were almost all from Saudi Arabia -- but we did not attack Saudi Arabia. No, I do not believe that 911 was justification for our Afghanistan adventure.

Bush needs to get AMBUSHED for ignoring the citizens of the USA that desperately need funds for education, roads, health care and etc. Now the idiot wants other countries to help bail his dogshit ass out on helping rebuild Iraq when the other countries were reluctant with the war, plus asking for UNs help now ?? , what a dipshit instead of a diplomat !

I suggest he use his campaign funds to rebuild Iraq ! Looks more like IRAQNAM everyday , related to TOO much BUSHSHIT !