soapbox time

gapertimmy

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have created a great site here. Timmy, your climbing bio sounds much like my own. No extreme, near-death experiences, or hardman desperate moves. Just good times in the hills. I always thought you and Jon were extreme-type climbers and knowing that you're both just "average-joe" climbers like most here gives the site even greater appeal.

Sorry to hear you're getting threatened by idiots. Hope you can find a way to put a stop to it. If these threats do originate from a military source, a simple series of phone calls to a c/o would probably put a stop to it. ?? If the threats originate from a certain psycho wanna-be speed climber then maybe something "outside the box" is in order, like some good ol' fashioned public humiliation. ??

Anyway, I hope you guys keep up the good work here.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Timmay,

I'm saddened to hear that things have escalated to such a level. This site wasn't meant for things like you're dealing with, but for those days and times like that day at Smiff this summer...just hanging out, flailing and cursing our way up some easy routes and trying to be as plab as possible...all with new friends. that's what it's all about. Thanks for what you've given to me as a climber and as a person.

next time i see you, the beer's on me. bigdrink.gif

got to add to the props, bros...

Jon and Tim, you guys ROCK the Northwest and beyond with the brillance and scope of your site!

take the yahoo to court or else ask him to run the nonorganized anti- ropeup protest group! they need a bit more hate and vehemence...

but seriously,

without CC.com there would be no pub clubs.

there would be no ropeups

i would have never met teddy ruxpin or mary lou

your guys' vision three years ago has served the climbing community much further than any single move in the mountains will make you a better climber-

you guys are climbing 5.18 on the accomplishment scale, that's for sure!!!!!

I think the liquid and behind the computer courage is lame.

I also think people like Adamson have valid complaints that go ignored sometimes.

Assholes can register mikeadamsmom approved by the owners but I cant register a name like boltchopper.

Some of you folks - just might deserve the harassment and maybe even a few the ass kicking.

There are so many self righteous here when the cards fall in their place but there are always 2 sides to an argument.

Erik's sitting here dropping names like he is the enforcer of the universe or something. Further proving what a prick he is. He's always showed a true color of a jerk even in person. My friend calls him shit talkin erik and they've only met once. fruit.gif

On the other hand some might say there is a biased slant on this web board and sometimes grudges held by many of the moderators. That contributes to angst I am sure....

I'm guessing this post will be removed but I think it deserves to stay.

I'm going climbing. I am sure glad he doesnt want to kick my ass. pitty.gif

Edited by Cpt.Caveman

Caveman, yes, you are right on several counts, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a private site. The owners have the right to do anything to your posts or avatars that they want, wether people agree with them or not. If you don't like the site, don't come here. There is certainly no need for death threats. As noted above, you can get into serious trouble for that. Spray on, chump!

scot'teryx said:

Cpt.Caveman said:

And you are opinionated because you either mouthed off or were likely a snide jerk at one time or another..

me.....a snide jerk?

whatever dude

boxing_smiley.gif

Read how you want. Some might say selective reading.

I'm in serious doubt to some of the responses above because I am sure a few of them were asking for it.

Sphinx said:

Caveman, yes, you are right on several counts, but that doesn't change the fact that this is a private site. The owners have the right to do anything to your posts or avatars that they want, wether people agree with them or not. If you don't like the site, don't come here. There is certainly no need for death threats. As noted above, you can get into serious trouble for that. Spray on, chump!

That's common knowledge. It's not even part of the comments I made. And furthermore maybe you should read a little more into my comments.

Dont act innocent and like your shit dont stink some of you. Those people know who they are and some of them are doing just so.

That's all I'm saying.