Good rock climbers don't live in Washington...

offwidthclimber

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Buckaroo said:

MysticNacho said:

No one's freed city park while placing gear? Interesting.

Just where does one find out about the North Norwegian Buttress? (Just out of curiosity)

the becky guide and back of the new guide, "Sky Valley Rock" by Darryl Cramer

I believe it has had a second ascent and there might even be a new route or two on the Buttress as well.

Buckaroo said:

nothin personal, but what if someone who never climbed at squamish told you it was crap?

I'd probably agree in order to keep the crowds down. SQUAMISH IS CRAP*! YANKEE STAY HOME!

* Just, not as total crap as Index. fruit.gif

Certainly Squamish has some great climbing. But why are we comparing it with Index? Everybody knows that for sunny granite and wild nightlife, the place to be is Leavenworth. Midnight rock rivals any single cliff in Squamish, there is plenty of monkey business for the "pad people", and the chances of unfriendly encounters with mobs of disgruntled, 3rd-world youths are slim. Leavenworth is where I find most of our lily-white neighbors from the Province when it's raining up there......eh? Squamish has far more sport climbing (translates to a "plus" in the Leavenworth column). Finally, in Leavenworth, one may be lucky enough to experience Dwayner's nightlife tour, during which the location of "fellatio dumpster" is revealed.

Yes, Dru, Neil Young is Canadian and cool. However, he is negated by Brian Adams.

you have to do better than that to troll me cause I agree with it all.

except the one about more sport at Squamish than L'worth. maybe only if you include Cheakamus Canyon.... I have seen more bolted cracks at L'worth than Squamish... wazzup.gifwave.gif

I just find it funny that all of us have been to Squish, and still choose to go to Index, while Drul has never climbed at Index (I still find hard ta blieve) and spews hearsay about shit he don't know.

Kinda makes you wonder....

I'll double ChucKs offer and we'll make it a 12 pack of your choice for Saggitarius. I mean shit, its only like 10a!

the_finger.gif

This Buckaroo guy is alright! thumbs_up.gif

I cut down the tree at the base of Godzilla last night and tossed the carcass into the pond/swamp below so it won't cause any more concern.

Canadians should stay home, only locals go to Index, it sucks! Stay away or you will die! There was some maniac over at the rifle range screaming "YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!" as he blasted rounds off for over an hour.

skykilo said:

While we're berating Celine Dion and Brian Adams, don't let Avril Lavigne (of sk8r boi fame) pass unscathed. These three are truly threats to our security.

Advil Latrine is canadian? God, she is horendous too. Save america...ban canuck music!

JoshK said:

skykilo said:

Latrine is canadian? God, she is horendous too. Save america...ban canuck music!

Hey, its the consumers down here to blame for that. CDN also exports Spirit of the West and Bare Nekkid Ladies, both thumbs_up.gif

pope said:

Certainly Squamish has some great climbing. But why are we comparing it with Index? Everybody knows that for sunny granite and wild nightlife, the place to be is Leavenworth. Midnight rock rivals any single cliff in Squamish, there is plenty of monkey business for the "pad people", and the chances of unfriendly encounters with mobs of disgruntled, 3rd-world youths are slim. Leavenworth is where I find most of our lily-white neighbors from the Province when it's raining up there......eh? Squamish has far more sport climbing (translates to a "plus" in the Leavenworth column).

Plus, it's like 110 degrees over there! Perfect climbing weather! laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

hellno3d.gif

i don't live in Washington (right now) but I lived there for 21 years and if anyone has that guys address I am down for showing him how its done in my home town.... a little beat down is what a believe we use to call it!!!!! boxing_smiley.gif

Yo-yo'ing something like that, where the gear is placed in the jams, and with the rope in the way would make it more difficult, not less.

PLEASE DONT LET THIS ALL TIME CLASSIC THREAD DIE STILL BORN AT 6 PAGES!!! IF WE TRYT WE CAN GET IT TO 25 or 30 NO PROBLEM!!! I HEAR DAN - SET THE NEW SPEED RECORD FOR CITY PARK!!! boxing_smiley.gif