Good rock climbers don't live in Washington...

offwidthclimber

"I won't speculate on the grade (ha, ha), but it is "all there"...decent finger locks the entire way with feet that would be considered very good by Indian Creek standards."

(re: City Park @ Index)

"If this were in California, Utah, or Colorado, it would have seen many ascents by now."

(re: City Park @ Index)

"Finally, Washington ain't exactly the center of the universe for hard free climbing. good rock climbers don't live there, and they don't travel there either..."

Someone oughta go fuck that guy up...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21911&postdays=0&postorder=asc&topic_view=&start=54

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"all the good climbers are mountaineers, and mountaineers don't usually climb 5.13 cracks"

We're all mountaineers.... cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Frankly, I'd rather people just stay away. Would you rather have crowds on your home turf? It's no so bad to deal with on vacation, but would you want to deal with the hoards of CO, CA, and UT all the time? no thanks...

City Park is super hard! Indian Creek doesn't even compare. Those are spilter parralel cracks! I think we need to have Andrew Boyd come down and try it. That way we would know how hard or easy it is. That guy tried Godzilla, one of the easier Index climbs and then goes to comment how easy City Park, the hardest trad route at Index, looks easy. Fucken Prick.

i saw some ripped dude from the south ty that yesterday and he had a hoooootttie belaying him. she was far and away the hottest climber chick i have ever seen... damn... but she was saying that there were chicken bolts at the bottom yellaf.gif i told her that they were for aid climbing and she said "its a freaking jug route at the bottom." i said with an aid rack and aid boots on? "listen they are jugs" yellaf.gif i wish i could have seen ehr try it with aid gear on... what is that 10b-c?

bigwalling said:

City Park is super hard! Indian Creek doesn't even compare. Those are spilter parralel cracks! I think we need to have Andrew Boyd come down and try it. That way we would know how hard or easy it is. That guy tried Godzilla, one of the easier Index climbs and then goes to comment how easy City Park, the hardest trad route at Index, looks easy. Fucken Prick.

why would boyd go to index to climb when he lives in squamish wave.gifwave.gifrolleyes.gifboxing_smiley.gif

hey

drul you know it all dont you! meet boyd downin ic with heavy duty last fall. nice kid even if he has tude'.

index is a good place to climb smart guy. you should try it sometime if you even get diapers that fit. i am sure you can make the approach pitch in speedy canyuckidan style to the GNS!

talk shit once you have something to back it up one...and one half day dont count!!!

the_finger.gif

Squamish is "world class"

Index is, I dunno, not world class. Not even regional class! I mean hard climbers from around the world come to Squamish but how many non locals visit Index? I'm certain the climbing is OK during those times you can't make it to Squamish so you guys don't need to get so defensive about your second rate crag, cause its OK to love it if its all you got. We all know Index is to Squamish as Exit 38 is to Smiff. yellaf.gif

Dru said:

Squamish is "world class"

Index is, I dunno, not world class. Not even regional class! I mean hard climbers from around the world come to Squamish but how many non locals visit Index? I'm certain the climbing is OK during those times you can't make it to Squamish so you guys don't need to get so defensive about your second rate crag, cause its OK to love it if its all you got. We all know Index is to Squamish as Exit 38 is to Smiff. yellaf.gif

one word...moderates... rolleyes.gif

erik said:

STILL DONT SEE YOU DOWN HERE TRYING

DONT TALK SHIT UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. IL BETCA A NICKEL YOU CANT LEAD BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS CLEAN.

when u got a 10 course banquet you aren't gonna eat Krafty Dinner mac & cheese the_finger.gif

i will climb at Index if it is dry there and raining in Squamish! or if Dwayner sends his 5.13 project!

Fence_Sitter said:

i saw some ripped dude from the south ty that yesterday and he had a hoooootttie belaying him. she was far and away the hottest climber chick i have ever seen... damn... but she was saying that there were chicken bolts at the bottom yellaf.gif i told her that they were for aid climbing and she said "its a freaking jug route at the bottom." i said with an aid rack and aid boots on? "listen they are jugs" yellaf.gif i wish i could have seen ehr try it with aid gear on... what is that 10b-c?

I missed something, what route are you talking about?