Attending a Memorial vs. Climbing

ryland_moore

What I also meant to get across is that we are supposed to have a sense of duty about certain things. A sense of duty reminds you to do for others and put your own needs off for a time. If we all can expect each other to step up to the plate during key times in life, that's a good thing. Predictable behavior is a good thing in stressful times. It's an ingredient of a close-knit community.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh... traditions, institutions, and protocols. rolleyes.gifL'etranger

Personally, I'd go, say what I need to say, and leave. No need to stay for the other useless stuff. People need to deal with it in their own way--not the socially accepted way as judged by society and tradition.

i woud get good and drunked up and then go to the mamorial. you will be ackting like the spoiled brat who doesnt need to do wha the ohter people do otherwise and what duaner said too.

sorry bout yur buddy that sukcs donkey dicks. thumbs_down.gif

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Ryland.

This is not advice, just my philosophy concerning funerals that I'll share.

The reason I go to funerals has very to do with my own feelings or needs, and quite a bit to do with the needs of those closest to the person that passed away - especially the family. Even if you don't interact with the wife, parents, children directly - seeing all of the people that were involved in the deceased's life come forward to pay their respects and mourn his or her passing does, in fact, bring a great deal of comfort to those that were left behind, and I think that they are worth attending for that reason alone. The same is true if it's a gathering of close friends.

ehmmic said:

Trask if you truly don't need anybody in your life, I'm sorry for you. You're missing out... Or you're one of those exceptions that leads a solitary life and enjoys it.

I am quite happy without friends. I talk to people all day in my business and the last thing I want after work is to talk to someone else, or have people dropping over. Even on the weekends I prefer to be alone. I have some women friends that spend time with me, but that's different. I love my basically solitary life....wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, I have you guys to bug.

trask said:

ehmmic said:

Trask if you truly don't need anybody in your life, I'm sorry for you. You're missing out... Or you're one of those exceptions that leads a solitary life and enjoys it.

I am quite happy without friends. I talk to people all day in my business and the last thing I want after work is to talk to someone else, or have people dropping over. Even on the weekends I prefer to be alone. I have some women friends that spend time with me, but that's different. I love my basically solitary life....wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, I have you guys to bug.

That's right - trask is never alone.

He has his computer yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

kitten said:

trask said:

ehmmic said:

That's right - trask is never alone.

He has his computer yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

spoken from the spray addicted girl named kitten - hey I just got in from skiing all afternoon and taking the girls tubing. what's your excuse?

Dru said:

you can go climbing almost anytime

but you can only go to a funeral once, and a wedding for your best friend maybe 5 or 6 times if they are dumb, or once if they are smart. rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't go cause your gf is trying to lay some guilt trip on you, but I would go.