This is just brutal!

jon

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

being the asshole i am, and while waiting for the airplane, ill chime in here with a quick observation. the one armed guy is fucking weak. a 200 lb boulder aint shit. im sure theres more to the story, but the way it reads, the average gym monkey wouldnt have missed a meal let alone cut his fucking arm off to get out from a little rock fall action. the_finger.gif

lummox said:

the one armed guy is fucking weak. a 200 lb boulder aint shit. the_finger.gif

Maybe the guy was pinned face down and couldn't get any leverage on the boulder or something like that. I would bet moving a 200 lb boulder with one hand would be a lot more diffucult than you may think. Cutting off your own arm? I couldn't even imagin what must have been going through his mind.

Sad news, I used to climb with Aron, and is a great guy to have as a friend. He is really into solo climbing, and climbed all the 14'ers in Colorado (56) in winter solo this year (first ever to do so).

He lead a group sucessfully up Denali last year, and has climbed out of the states extesively.

He is very tough and will make it through all this, it really makes me question climbing solo.

TTT

This really has made me think....

I heard it was a 1000lb boulder. He is (or was) an engineer for Intel (quit to lead a group up Denali), and he is very smart. If there was a way out of it he would be the one to figure it out. I know Aron as a very tough and resourseful guy, and I think that if someone will make it through this it would be him.

TTT

This reminds me of a similar incident that happened a few years back. Some guy got his leg pinned under a rock and had to hack it off at the knee with his pocket knife. Then he hopped a couple miles back to his truck and drove to a hospital. And, the truck was a stick shift. Now that's hardcore.

There was a kid in eastern oregon who was working on his dads farm and got his arm tore off by a piece of equipment. As I recall he picked up his arm, hopped on an ATV and drove to the nearest house so they could call an ambulance. The arm was not successfully re-attached.

those little saws on those swiss army knifes suck. First you would have to cut the arm with the knife, then go throught the bone with the saw. All the while keeping heavy pressure on your armpit pressure point to keep bleeding down. Probably used a rock for that.

Dudes got his head sown on straight! Thats for damn sure. snaf.gif

lummox said:

being the asshole i am, and while waiting for the airplane, ill chime in here with a quick observation. the one armed guy is fucking weak. a 200 lb boulder aint shit. im sure theres more to the story, but the way it reads, the average gym monkey wouldnt have missed a meal let alone cut his fucking arm off to get out from a little rock fall action. the_finger.gif

I hope you feel like an ass. the_finger.gif