• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Bronco

Climbing this spring (and maybe summer)

Message from Olympic Mountain Rescue

I had high hopes of ticking off some climbs this spring and summer but decided to forego technical alpine climbing for the time being.  With the crisis overloading our healthcare system, we all really need to be staying well within our skill set and not taking any unnecessary risks. You do not want to be taken to a hospital full of Corvid-19 patients.  Stay safe out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good thing I have a fear of falling.  I can count all my lead falls on one hand, I don’t even need a thumb.  This makes your advice super easy to follow.

My Rainier climb/seminar late May(24th-30th)got cancelled and I'm not even mad. I feel bad for the small businesses taking a hit and those who actually catch the virus. 

Mountain will always be there. Rainier will just get pushed back to 2021 then barring any "hiccups" I will be on Kahiltna glacier 2022.

Here in the northeast they even closed the trails for backpacking.

Dayhiking only.

Edited by Loco Raindrops
Typos because my thumbs hate me

I'm a little too busy to worry about climbing right now. 

I wonder if they designed the PAPR hood around the Ecrin Roc. They sure fit the same. 

Stay safe and practice social distancing. 

IMG_20200327_152525.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Rawk on! 1

On 3/28/2020 at 12:52 PM, KaskadskyjKozak said:

No dayhiking either:  https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mbs/news-events/?cid=FSEPRD717080

All trails closed until 9/30 unless rescinded earlier. 

DNR lands are closed to hiking too.

I'm unclear on what that means - MORA says the backcountry is open to "dispersed recreation such as hiking and winter camping." Since NPS is Dept of Interior, I can't imagine a USDA rule (Dpet of Ag) would supersede their directive

Speaking only for NC where I live, the state specifically exempts outdoor recreation from the stay-at-home order - is that not also the case in WA?

Oh snap, today I learned National Forests are managed by USDA and not under NPS purview - good to know.

Thanks for the link!

1 hour ago, Benzo said:

is that not also the case in WA?

We've outlawed all forms of fun in WA