Bring it on, Winter!

cracked

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, dont envy minnesota too much. REmember, for ice to form it needs someplace higher to fall from...like a mountain...ever heard of those? wink.gif

I dunno, there seems to be plenty of ice on the sidewalk outside my house. tongue.gif

And no mountains=no avey danger! How lucky is that? yelrotflmao.gif

Seriously though, we are pretty warm in temps right now. I climbed butter yesterday. smile.gif I still wouldnt mind some of your snow, either.

I wouldn't wish our snow upon anyone. I thought it was bad when I went out two weeks ago but last weekend it was worse and this weekend really topped off, or bottomed out I should say.

What misery. I wonder what it's like up higher... Anybody got any good ideas for places where the pineapple express brings good climbing conditions? Within ca. 3 hours from Seattle?

Anybody got any good ideas for places where the pineapple express brings good climbing conditions? Within ca. 3 hours from Seattle?

I'll bet it's been warm enough that if you found rock that faced south like at Peshastin or dare I say- vantage you could comfortable rock climb right now.

It would be nice if winter would go out with little bit of a bang.

I recently got the worst base shot on my alpine skis. Anybody else destroy their skis?

bigdrink.gif

Anybody got any good ideas for places where the pineapple express brings good climbing conditions? Within ca. 3 hours from Seattle?

I'll bet it's been warm enough that if you found rock that faced south like at Peshastin or dare I say- vantage you could comfortable rock climb right now.

It would be nice if winter would go out with little bit of a bang.

I recently got the worst base shot on my alpine skis. Anybody else destroy their skis?

bigdrink.gif

Vantage sure was nice this weekend. Minimal litter, minimal gapers and temps in th 60's at Sunshine Wall. Addedbonus: we were one of 4 parties camped in the ghetto- an all time low.

Poor Carolyn getting picked on, althought I suppose you do ask for it. Oddly I could go for a dose of flatland winter right now over what we're having, just to walk around in the cold, with everything white, and feel the sensation of my nose-hairs freezing would be really good.

ya, I did ask for it. cry.gifboxing_smiley.gifcry.gif

But really, that last post was my (maybe poor) attempt at sarcasm. It really is FUCKIN cold!! (we need a freezin my ass off icon for this minnesotan poster!) However, In some sick way I do really like the cold...even if my nose hair's freeze hellno3d.gif

The reality of it is...when its this cold, there is plenty of ice to climb, but it is brittle, brittle, brittle. I envy your 25 degrees. That must be great to climb in! the_finger.gif

The reality of it is...when its this cold, there is plenty of ice to climb, but it is brittle, brittle, brittle. I envy your 25 degrees. That must be great to climb in!

Yep it is less brittle and *way* easier to climb in. boxing_smiley.gif I'd rather have some real ice and brittle conditions. I am able to adapt better. boxing_smiley.gif