Gay Marriage

kevbone

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

change is hard for some people, especially for people who think that marriage is a strictly religous practice. What they fail to realize is that marriage is a contract written for members in society, a stabilizing factor.

The whole arguement of the slippery slope leading to marriage with children, animals and inanimate objects is crap since none of those 3 can sign a contract. The slippery slope of marriage with multiple partners and relatives is a possibility though but it is very unlikely that a reasonable arguement can made for those.

How does gay marriage affect heterosexual marriage couples? Seriously? What is the argument against gay marriage other than the bible thinks it is wrong? Does it affect them financially?

Demand, thus price, for divorce lawyers will go up!

the ancient roman argument against gays in general was that they sapped the military spirit necessary for empire and threatened the ability of the state to increase its population (and thus the military strength required to maintain said empire)

they also thought is was very greek, and thus doubly ghey :)

All good spray. But can anyone actually aurgue against gay marriage without trying to be funny? How does gay marriage affect heterosexual marriage couples? What is the logic (outside of the bible) in trying to stop this?

Gays have suffered enough. Heteros feel guilty about it and want to reserve the hell that is marriage all to themselves as an act of mercy.

All good spray. But can anyone actually aurgue against gay marriage without trying to be funny? How does gay marriage affect heterosexual marriage couples? What is the logic (outside of the bible) in trying to stop this?
I think the fundamental argument is mostly based on religion and cultural "norms" across the board. As far as I know (granted, I'm and admitted simpleton idiot), this is the first time in recorded history that being gay is so widely and openly accepted. Not just from the "Christian" point of view, but it seems MOST societies in history have put a taboo on same sex relations. For better or worse, I guess one could say. These types of "norms" in society don't change easily without a lot of resistance from the traditional points of view, I suppose... It threatens long held belief systems. Rightly so as it is opposite of the past way(s) of thinking. This does not necessarily prove to be "logical", per say, but it has been the "norm" for many thousands of years. At least from a societal acceptance point of view.(IMHO)

I think the fundamental argument is mostly based on religion and cultural "norms" across the board. As far as I know (granted, I'm and admitted simpleton idiot), this is the first time in recorded history that being gay is so widely and openly accepted. Not just from the "Christian" point of view, but it seems MOST societies in history have put a taboo on same sex relations. For better or worse, I guess one could say. These types of "norms" in society don't change easily without a lot of resistance from the traditional points of view, I suppose... It threatens long held belief systems. Rightly so as it is opposite of the past way(s) of thinking. This does not necessarily prove to be "logical", per say, but it has been the "norm" for many thousands of years. At least from a societal acceptance point of view.(IMHO)

actually, homosexuality has often existed in history sans opprobrium - in much of ancient greece, for example, it was an accepted practice, no doubt in part given the tremendous population pressures there (many people, not much food)

People who are against gay marriage probably would have also been against interracial marriage 70 years ago. It's just hate and intolerance -- there is no logical argument.

It's ironic that the people against marriage equality tend to also be the "small government" types. :lmao:

People who are against gay marriage probably would have also been against interracial marriage 70 years ago. It's just hate and intolerance -- there is no logical argument.

It's ironic that the people against marriage equality tend to also be the "small government" types. :lmao:

trollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrolling

What's next? Make it legal to marry your cousin? Your sibling? Have to draw the line somewhere.

How dare you compare gay marriage to the fine institution of incest. Gay Marriage is akin to beastiality or necrophilia - an abomination so vile, I worry that the End of Days are here.

Edited by E-rock

How does gay marriage affect heterosexual marriage couples? Seriously? What is the argument against gay marriage other than the bible thinks it is wrong? Does it affect them financially?

People have a right to judgement. Sucks. We all do it. We even judge the people who have judgement.

People have a right to judgement. Sucks. We all do it. We even judge the people who have judgement.

People also like to be contentious and bicker. Especially about shit that doesn't really affect them or matter. Spray is a perfect example.

You complain that no one takes you seriously, but when someone does you claim its spray.

I provided the best argument I've heard (refutable perhaps, but rooted in policy not religion) against gay marriage and you failed again to provide any form of cogent response. That's why most people here find you boorish, dull, and a bit mentally delayed.

You complain that no one takes you seriously, but when someone does you claim its spray.

I provided the best argument I've heard (refutable perhaps, but rooted in policy not religion) against gay marriage and you failed again to provide any form of cogent response. That's why most people here find you boorish, dull, and a bit mentally delayed.

Rough spray there dude. So .... are you saying it's not OK to marry ones own mother to get the tax break?

edited to add: I always wondered why Mormon men could NOT legally marry multiple women. (the great compromise for Utah to become a state). It seemed like a clear cut case of the state unnecessarily getting involved in someones religion to me. Who cares as long as all parties concerned are doing it voluntarily? In my mind, as long as you don't dump 30 kids on the states welfare rolls or ask me for an extra tax break cause you are married to many women, I don't care, why should the government be involved in this decision?

Clearly someone did or does I suppose, polygamy gets prosecuted and there has been jail time for the same.

Edited by billcoe

This is not about me broham.

Borrish, dull and a bit mentally delayed? Come on....you can do better than that.

trollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrollingtrolling

I want small government -- small enough to fit right inside a women's uterus!!