FINALLY! Bin Laden DEAD!

jon

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the twin towers went down, it was sickening to see the cheering muslims and arabs on the tv. Made them look like monsters enjoying the deaths of americans.

This mass of americans cheering the death of osama reminds me of that TV coverage long ago. We are the monsters now.

I am glad he is dead, I just wish we could present ourselves better, in a more civilized way.

Yeah, it's pretty sad that the BEST news I've heard in a while from the press is that someone is dead.

When the twin towers went down, it was sickening to see the cheering muslims and arabs on the tv. Made them look like monsters enjoying the deaths of americans.

This mass of americans cheering the death of osama reminds me of that TV coverage long ago. We are the monsters now.

I am glad he is dead, I just wish we could present ourselves better, in a more civilized way.

I'm with you on this, buddy. Cheering for anybody's death seems a bit too retro for me.

"I invented a cure for cancer. Do they call me "that doctor, Pierre?" No.

I scored the winning goal in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Do they call me "That hockey player, Pierre?" No.

I made ten million dollars selling pasta to Italians. Do they call me "That millionaire, Pierre?" No.

But I suck ONE cock...."

Run on back to your whining about Obama. He just got Osama.

Don't forget to say something about his mamma, in Pink pajamas.

So he's dead? Shot in the head in bed with lead.....now we can finally stop thinking and worrying over that nasty reactor in Japan still sending radiation over our way!

Trading one boogie-man for another, eh?

The cheering doesn't bother me a bit, because I recognize that there's a difference between expressing jubilation over the slaughter of thousands of innocent people...and people expressing jubilation over the killing of the man who orchestrated the killing of thousands of innocent people.

Except that we share stories of our experiences, and you post...

...oh, never mind.

Run on back to your whining about Obama. He just got Osama, but we all appreciate your important concerns.

Doesn't logical and moral consistency require you to criticize Obama for all of the breeches of international law, the Geneva conventions, etc that culminated in the use of millitary force for the targeted assassination of a non-combatant in a foreign country?

It's fascinating to see people who worked themselves into a lather or righteous anger over waterboarding the likes of KSM give a shrug and a fist pump to practices like blowing entire families - women, children, grandparents, etc + the target - to pieces with Predator strikes, and killing Osama and everyone else in the compound with automatic weapons. If you're against waterboarding KSM, you can't be neutral on, much less giving fist pumps to direct assassinations of targets like OBL, much less actions where people who had nothing to do with terrorism are killed alongside them.

Quite the stunning versatility of convictions on display, there.

Except that we share stories of our experiences, and you post...

...oh, never mind.

Run on back to your whining about Obama. He just got Osama, but we all appreciate your important concerns.

Doesn't logical and moral consistency require you to criticize Obama for all of the breeches of international law, the Geneva conventions, etc that culminated in the use of millitary force for the targeted assassination of a non-combatant in a foreign country?

It's fascinating to see people who worked themselves into a lather or righteous anger over waterboarding the likes of KSM give a shrug and a fist pump to practices like blowing entire families - women, children, grandparents, etc + the target - to pieces with Predator strikes, and killing Osama and everyone else in the compound with automatic weapons. If you're against waterboarding KSM, you can't be neutral on, much less giving fist pumps to direct assassinations of targets like OBL, much less actions where people who had nothing to do with terrorism are killed alongside them.

Yup, and I continue to do actively do my very small part to bring this administration's actions in line with what I believe are basic human rights principles...just as I have for the past 20 years.

I'm not against removing a proven threat like OBL, I just don't celebrate the death of another. That's a personal sensibility not shared by many, I realize.

These are distinctions I don't kid myself that you'll even get, of course. In the end, and as usual, your arguments make erroneous assumptions about people and groups you actually know nothing about, but when strawmen provide the backbone for most of your views, that probably doesn't matter too much.

The cheering doesn't bother me a bit, because I recognize that there's a difference between expressing jubilation over the slaughter of thousands of innocent people...and people expressing jubilation over the killing of the man who orchestrated the killing of thousands of innocent people.

pretty certain the folks cheering on 9/11 didn't think the folks killed WERE innocent

maybe we should just stop cheering for the murder of folks for any reason?

funny thing, by law of averages, if osama was a us citizen and had been arrested and found guilty on a capital charge, he'd likely still be alive today :)

I'd argue that OBL was not a 'non-combatant'. He was as close to an enemy of America as it gets.

Logical and moral consitencies do not require you to criticize Obama for his execution of the 'war on terror'. IDEALIST logic and morals do, but there is no consensus on what "morality" and "logic" are.

From what I've seen of the images of the celebrations, it looks like the revelers are almost all your typical white, fratboy types that'd be screaming "WHOOO...YEAHHH!!!" at the top of their lungs in exactly the same manner whether it was for Osama being killed or for some inebriate showing her tits.

Murder? Murder is shaking a baby to death, murder is killing an innocent person because it gets you off, murder is breaking into someone's home and stealing their life for no good reason at all.

This is war bro, death is just a job realated hazard.

Am I upset OBL is dead? To be honest, a little. I would have rather we captured him and paraded him around like a show dog, now he is a martyr. Though his death will bolster our boys' confidence and morale, this will also give the bad guys another reason to fight too. The spring fighting season is starting up, this means more funerals of lost friends to go to. That sucks, but that is part of the job and we all accept that. Cheering for the death of a bad guy is the least thing on the long list that makes me a savage.

Now, who wants to teach a savage about climbing mountains?

+1. I wish we could have killed him twice.

From what I've seen of the images of the celebrations, it looks like the revelers are almost all your typical white, fratboy types that'd be screaming "WHOOO...YEAHHH!!!" at the top of their lungs in exactly the same manner whether it was for Osama being killed or for some inebriate showing her tits.

"From what I've seen..." = through your idiotic, shit-colored glasses. Thus, the conclusions you draw are irrelevant. FOAD.