Congrats Sherri

MarkMcJizzy

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arch, why does it sound dirty when you say it?

It's because she employs the verb "does" instead of some other word, like "creates", "works in", "practices", or like that.

And when archie "does" something (or someone), we're all interested in how dirty it might get...:eveeel:

And, oh yeah, very nice work indeed, Sherri! Congratulations on getting noticed. :tup: :tup:

Thanks for the nod, Mark and for the kudos all! You guys are the best. :kisss:

Arch is correct. I do intarsia. (and LOL on the spin, OW. She does have a way with that. :laf:)

TTK, I can't get a link to the article itself, but it is in the "Haulbag" section of this month's(May) issue of Climbing magazine: Climbing Mag

They used a pic of the first RR mural I did, when I was first playing around with the concept.

Red_Rocks_Sunset.JPG

28"x78"

Here is a recent version commissioned last year:

Spring_Night_in_Red_Rocks_side_view.JPG

36"x 80"

In the right light, the sky begins to "glow" like the backlit silhouette of the canyon as seen when walking out by moonlight.

P1011492.JPG

P1011494.JPG

I love that place.

I've seen those ringtails a half dozen times in the canyons there. Usually scampering around on 5.9 with ease. Very nice to see them on your art work. I like the way the wood works for the organic feel.

where is the ringtail work displayed? private?

Edited by genepires

It's kind of weird to go through several decades of frequent backcountry travel only to discover there's a large, common, and very ostentatious mammal that you never knew existed. My first reaction was "When were these things introduced?".

Wait till you see a peccary

I've seen those ringtails a half dozen times in the canyons there. Usually scampering around on 5.9 with ease. Very nice to see them on your art work. I like the way the wood works for the organic feel.

where is the ringtail work displayed? private?

That mural was commissioned by a climber in California(where it now lives). The client specifically requested the details it contains(the moon/stars, ringtail, and spring flowers) to commemmorate a special trip he and his wife had made to RR the previous spring.

It's kind of weird to go through several decades of frequent backcountry travel only to discover there's a large, common, and very ostentatious mammal that you never knew existed. My first reaction was "When were these things introduced?".

Wait till you see a peccary

Seen em.

BirdDog, The only piece I have on display/sale locally is a salmon mural at Wild Birds in Gardiner.

Crillz, Don't worry, I'll be careful. Most of the work is done with a bandsaw and scrollsaw, and then sanded with inflatable sanders(I've lost more skin on those than on the sharp tools).