RIP Gail Hench

catbirdseat

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian, I've never met you or your wife, but your love and concern for her has always been tenable thru your posts. I am very sorry to hear of her passing. My heart goes out to you as you take these first steps forward without her by your side. :(

Brian,

I am saddened to hear of your beloved wife's passing. Although not a religious person, I will offer prayers for you and your kids and wish all of you strength of heart as you cope with your loss and move forward in your lives.

Brian, Though we've never met, I have enjoyed your cyber companionship over the years. I want to express my heartfelt condolences to you and your family. All the best to you. In her time in this world, by all appearances your wife had a wonderful partner.

Seems a waste to throw away so many expensive pharmaceutical products like Novalog Flexpen insulin syringes when people are scrimping to pay for them.

Indeed. I'm told by my wife, who is a nurse, that by law pharmacies cannot take back drugs. She mentions that those headed out on medical missions--through churches or professional organizations--will receive drugs originally prescribed for others. Another possibility may be a local clinic such as one of the many neighborhood clinics in Seattle (some of which cater to the low-income and homeless), but am not sure--perhaps someone else more knowledgeable about health care management, especially around Seattle, knows more.

I don't imagine there are a huge number of diabetic climbers.

Anyone grow orchids? I just repotted the entire collection and I have divisions: Cattleya bowringiana, Cattley deckerii, Lc Carras, Sarcochilus hartmannii, Masdevallia Prince Charming 'Florizel', and others.