Top 5 routes in PNW

rocky_joe

Maybe on your book. the best to me is just plain fun, and well protected.

no denying it's either of those, but by those standards, how can it beat, say, outerspace?

I have climbed Outerspace. I thought the last 400 was cool. but the rest of it was very mediocre. And the walk off is crap. There fore blownout is better.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure I've posted a list like this before but I'm stoked that it's almost summer so I'll do again. I'll only comment on things I've done:

East Face of Gunsight (which has now been on the lists of three of the four people who have done it as far as I know, so more people should get in there).

NEB Slesse

NW Face of Forbidden

NEB of Goode

Gunsight Traverse

I love summer. I'm over all of this cold and snow stuff (for now).

my favorite 5:

volcano - ptarmigan ridge, rainier

crag'n (gotta go w/ my local beacon crag) - the complete stepphenwulf (sure wise i could free more of it :) )

alpine crag'n - west face of colchuck balanced (ditto)

gnarly all-around mountaineering sufferfest - ne butt of j'burg (winter or summer, badass!)

super-duper in-your face big mountain in the wilderness mixed mountaineering - nooksack n face bertulis/davis route

I see NEB of Goode listed a few times. I might have a chance to do that one this year. What really stands out about it?

there's a bunch of tr's on it (my one of course being the best of the bunch :P )

it's a very impressive peak viewed from it's pass, just across the raging creek - it's got the full range of vertical jungle'swacking, alpine heather/snow bands, and easy'ish rock - if you descend by rapping down the goode/stormking col it's a very cool package deal, but i don't think it's as cool as j'burg

it's main standout in my mind is a giant goddamn downhill walk to get to it!

neb goode - remote, great rock

lincoln - I remember how good the snow conditions were

west ridge forbidden - just a lot of fun. easy. just reach out and bam, you got a great hold

Ptarmigan - just a stroll in Ireland-like hills, but I felt like I was the only one around for 50 miles in any direction

Agnes - standard route, that remoteness feel again