Price of gear wtf??!!!!

glassgowkiss

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

walked into mec in van. ski touring boots over $700!! rock climbing shoes over $150!, arteryx harnesses $130! i think climbing gear manufacturers have their heads in their own rectums.

Dude-brah, that's nothing. Pretty soon you're not even going to be able to go backcountry skiing without one of these:

wheely.jpg

check out boba fett there on the left.
And I thought he got killed in Return of the Jedi... A long, long, long time ago in a galaxy far away. :yoda:

Phh. Every star wars fan knows he didn't really die in Episode 6.

Edited by rob

check out boba fett there on the left.
And I thought he got killed in Return of the Jedi... A long, long, long time ago in a galaxy far away. :yoda:

Phh. Every star wars fan knows he didn't really die in Episode 6.

Oh, he must still be getting slowly digested over thousands of years in the belly of that huge sand monster hole thing? Maybe he got out for a few weeks to go skiing?

first world labor- are you high? most of the companies (like BD, Arteryx, Metoulius) produce that shit in china paying labor at 50 cents an hour.

Metolious = US, no? Scarpa = italy, Garmont = Italy

BD = slave labour :(

Metolius makes only cams and harnesses in the US, rest in China, including plastics. Scarpa makes rock climbing shoes somewhere there as well, not sure about ski and winter boots, Garmont- not sure.

first world labor- are you high? most of the companies (like BD, Arteryx, Metoulius) produce that shit in china paying labor at 50 cents an hour.

Metolious = US, no? Scarpa = italy, Garmont = Italy

BD = slave labour :(

Metolius makes only cams and harnesses in the US, rest in China, including plastics. Scarpa makes rock climbing shoes somewhere there as well, not sure about ski and winter boots, Garmont- not sure.

I think Scarpa and LaSportiva outsource manufacturing of their lower end shoes, but the higher end ones are still made in Italy.