Is the Sh*t about to hit the fan?

billcoe

I have this overwhelming feeling that the Shit is about to hit the fan. Perusing Jaybs chart of ARM rate increases about the hit the US only excaberated this feeling. (note to self, never bet against or with Jayb).

I am more prepared than many, yet don't have food stuffs, water and other necessities all stockpiled in my home or in a bug out kit. I see Mountain House #10 cans will last 25-30 years in storage. Looks like a good way to go to bolster the food supply. Here's some interesting links. Has anyone else seen this coming and made any plans? If so , what have you done?

ready .gov

Survivalistboards.com

http://www.republicmagazine.com/

Is this feeling crazy? What's everyone else thinking on this or doing about it?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this overwhelming feeling that the Shit is about to hit the fan. Perusing Jaybs chart of ARM rate increases about the hit the US only excaberated this feeling. (note to self, never bet against or with Jayb).

I am more prepared than many, yet don't have food stuffs, water and other necessities all stockpiled in a bug out kit. I see Mountain House #10 cans will last 25-30 years in storage. Looks like a good way to go to bolster the food supply. Here's some interesting links. Has anyone else seen this coming and made any plans? If so , what have you done?

ready .gov

Survivalistboards.com

http://www.republicmagazine.com/

i bought a pistol and one bullet. :wave:

We have seen the bailout of banks

We have seen the bailout of wall street.

We have seen the bailout abroad on a bigger scale than here.

Everybody is scared. Main street will get support too or there will be no consumer base. The biggest concern will be containg inflation after all the tax payer debt has piled up.

There will almost have to be a restructuring of debt.

Meanwhile, YES, my freezer is full. Half of it is frozennnnnn milk jugs in case the electricity goes.

My pantries are full of dried foods.

In no particular order: taking advantage of killer sales at The Sharper Image, wondering if I can declare myself a bank, thinking that it was Trig that should have been named Tripp, thinking that this must be the longest period between election and inauguration days in the history of the Republic, knowing Israel Sucks, thanking Christ that I didn't buy a home when everyone was telling me that it was the best thing I could do, mourning Eartha Kitt, gettin' ready to get my drink on aka party like it's 1929, wondering if Billcoe is in a timewarp where he's 6 months behind the rest of us, wondering if Treat Williams is too old to play Blagojevich in a TV movie, does Vaginlina Jolie have a cyborg uterus, what the hell whitey is freaking out about, etc.

If you haven't checked the box yet for "End of Empire" I think it would now be appropriate. Given the following:

Our "Defense" (read imperial) expeditures that now double the next five countries.

The bulging amount of private debt based on an insatiable appetite for never ending consumerism.

A presidential disaster over the past eight years that has run our good will, economic power, and real security (not the fake DHS mottos) into the ground.

A compliant Congress willing to bow to the imperial presidency and spend money on anything that will get them re-elected.

A complete lack of reguatory controls on a financial sector that three-card-montied into 20% of GDP based on hand waving.

A public that is thoroughly disinterested in the consequences of how their government works or doesn't work - except for the media horse race of every four year elections. Then it's time to go back to the mall.

A federal government reluctant to address Global Warming, the largest looming threat to global economics and security.

--- It's difficult to be optimistic and think that Obama can set the gound work to change many of the institutional flaws that will be required to get the country grounded again. I'm afraid that we have passed the tipping point on many fronts and it is our turn to start the long slide to a secondary global role.

This must be the beginning of the end of the world in 2012.

First an economic meltdown, then we meet our "neighbors", then the end... of the calendar. I'm kind of excited to see how our "civilization" would take the realization that we aren't alone. I should prolly go get more ammo and food. ;)

Rations

MRE's (6)

Comfort Food Packs (3)

Vitamins (Extra Vitamin C) 4 days

Tea/Hot Cider Bags (12)

Water (2 Quarts - Minimum)

Combat Load

Harness

Web belt

Ammo Pouch - 2

Combat Knife

Bandoleers - Loaded