Memories

olyclimber

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the first Chouinard catalog and the first Great Pacific Ironworks catalogs in the store a few days after they arrived. Still have them. Used the Chouinard catalog to clean seeds from the ditchweed that passed for smoke in the 1970s, a little green stain still in the crease in the back cover.

Goldline and diaper harnesses of 1" webbing.

Gerry, Holubar, Eastern Mountain Sports mailorder, Bill Forrest.

2 pages of ice axes in REI's catalog. Being able to buy fabric and zippers from REI. Before REI became a joke.

Kelty frame packs when Dick Kelty still made them. Still the best at load carrying. Not one thing worn or broken on mine after 36 years. Sack: BB4.

linky

Former NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr. Edgar Mitchell — a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission — claims aliens exist.

He says extraterrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions — but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview in Birmingham, England, that sources at NASA who had had contact with aliens described the beings as "little people who look strange to us."

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a "small gray" — short, slight frame, large eyes and large head.

Mitchell also claimed human technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as the aliens' and "had they been hostile," he warned "we would be been gone by now."

Actually I'm thinking about doing the natural plants thing... that or a BMX track for the neighborhood kids. :rawk:

I think I mentioned it just because my friends and I would often joke "you know your life is over when you buy a lawn mower" or "your life is over when you buy a new couch"

:laf::cry:

Its been a while since I've carried Space Food Sticks, the first commercial energy bars which were sold to us as having been taken to the moon on Apollo missions.

I LOVED those things. My parents only let us have them when we went hiking.

1969, Crag Camp, Randolph New Hampshire. At a hut just below timberline on Mount Adams I was as a young lad treated to Bob Dylan's "Nashville Skyline" on a hand crank record player - one of those with the big trumpet coming right outta the tone arm. Hut keeper Tad Pfeif was quite a character.