Zebra Zion Question

gorgeouos

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL anything at "Smith" is dubious from the get go. Get over it and just climb. I'm getting tired of the useless banter on the board. A sign that climbing has taken a turn for the nerds and micro managers of the world...perhaps it's time to go.

c'ya later..

You lookin' forward to 1st grade next year, big fella?? I hear its a big step up from K-garten... :fahq:

You hear about it because you have not made it that far yet……

and this is from possibly the dumbest human being to post on cc.com...and that's pretty frickin' stupid...

watch out for staph-infected bird poop! :cry:

haha! the first time i climbed it i too grabbed a rancid pile of bird shit pulling onto the ledge at the top of the second pitch. i warned my partner, but he grabbed the same pile. luckily neither of us came down with a staph infection.

hey Mark,

You lookin' forward to 1st grade next year, big fella?? I hear its a big step up from K-garten... :fahq:

I hope to see you there, unless you get held back, again...

i'm still in preschool...we are working on manners...looks like you missed that lesson...

• 1 year later...
BTW, the route is simply "Zion," not sure why everyone says zebra_zion.

Because, you're wrong? Zion is the connection to the upper portion of Lion Chair.

Sure, Zion is the name of the linkup of Zebra and Lions Chair.

Nowhere in the guide do you see anything refered to as "Zebra Zion."

I really don't give a fuck what you think

Fuck, your reading comprehension sucks. Watts (1992) page 78 (text) clearly states that Zion is the connection. The line drawing on page 77 shows the difference between routes #34 (Zebra), and #34a (Zion). Why do you insist in being so goddamn dense?

Alan Watts in the new guide p110: "Although the entire route is called Zion (combining Zebra and Lions Chair) many climbers use the misnomer Zebra Zion.

I think more people should just do Lions Chair, that lower section of that route is so striking and the climbing is just fucking awesome!

It's true that it is not a crowded route. The problem, son, is that many of us who truly love that kind of route - skinny long fun difficult and technical crack, got too old and fat to fire it clean, which is what we would prefer. However, we all agree that it is a truly "fucking awesome!" route, as you say! Come down as we all still give good belay, and you can fire P1 and p2, and we will follow you up it.