ClimbingPanther

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet dude, check out the mountains!

ethanol_la.jpg

:grlaf:

I remember that view well. Every time I drove through LA from San Diego, you'd see that brown fart cloud sitting over LA from somewhere N. of San Clemente. Pathetic.

CP: you will not be climbing much anyways as a med-student. ;)

this is prolly true... however the mountains will be there after you are educated... i am so glad that erosion takes a long time ;)

I have been out of the PNW for over three years and was only living there for 1.5 years, but I will always be a cascade climber. I love the PNW way too much to give it up. I still read the guide books, still look at Schurlock photos for new route possibilities and read all the TR's with jealousy.

Sweet dude, check out the mountains!

ethanol_la.jpg

:grlaf:

I remember that view well. Every time I drove through LA from San Diego, you'd see that brown fart cloud sitting over LA from somewhere N. of San Clemente. Pathetic.

CP: you will not be climbing much anyways as a med-student. ;)

this is prolly true... however the mountains will be there after you are educated... i am so glad that erosion takes a long time ;)

In the Coast Range in California erosion doesn't take very long at all!

Socal climbers always seemed to manage to get things done despite being in LA. And guys like Kenny Duncan managed to climb hard while in med school. Congrats.

Ken continues to climb hard as an orthopedic surgeon in Fort Collins. He still styles up 5.12 with skills only matched by his modesty.

Congratulation on your acceptance. I remember getting the big envelope myself and whooping at the top of my lungs in my apartment stairwell. (For those that don't know, the "Wait Listed" letters always come in regular sized envolopes that really spoil your day.) You're about to enter into one really protracted epic. There will be fun, there will be pain and in the end you're going to have a hell of a story to tell.

As for leaving the cc crowd, forget about it. Since leaving Seattle in 2002 I've spent 3 years in Salt Lake City and 3 years in Fort Collins, CO but rarely does a day go by without checking in on cc.com. I just can't get into mountainproject.com. It doesn't help that most of my major climbing objectives are still in the North Cascades. Damn those beautiful mountains.