who killed archenemy?

minx

Thanks for being so helpful and explaining things... NOT!

I would have expected better from you, given your post record. A reevaluation is in order.

:blush:

um, whoa. there must be some sort of alignment of the planets against me, or else I am human after all!

If you will peek back at my post, I quoted "tvash" because I just assumed it was his post. He commonly uses the accent-written-as-it's-heard tactic, and coming from him it sounded pretty surly and know-it-all, and deserving of a little zip in a response. Now that I realize it came from you, I.. I, boy I just wish I could do it all over again! :cry: Can you bear to forgive me?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Surly and know-it-all? Moi?

BTW, SMARMY and know-it-all would be more effective phrasing.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got yer full rack right here.

Jeez, I made a numerical error and I'll never live it down. That's it, I'm sticking to whiskey. It comes in "flask" size. I can remember that.

just go to the store and ask for a bottle. they'll get you the right size.

do they still have drive through liquor stores in FL? that was the best!

So yesterday, I did just that. Parked at a liquor store. Then, after making my purchase, I went to the Sloop. Fuckers towed my truck. I was so pissed, I called and asked where the fuck my truck was. They asked what my truck looked like. I said it was a white pickup. They asked what kind. I said the kind with my fucking dog in it. They said I better come get it; so I asked how the fuck was I supposed to get there since they had my goddam truck.

When I showed up to the tiny little tow place to pay my damn $300 ticket, I apologized for being such a bitch. They were all nice to me and complimented me on my dog. Then, I learned that I got to pay for a parking ticket on top of the goddam tow charge.

I wished the deer were still in the back. Assholes.

Jeez, I made a numerical error and I'll never live it down. That's it, I'm sticking to whiskey. It comes in "flask" size. I can remember that.

So yesterday, I did just that. Parked at a liquor store. Then, after making my purchase, I went to the Sloop. Fuckers towed my truck. I was so pissed, I called and asked where the fuck my truck was. They asked what my truck looked like. I said it was a white pickup. They asked what kind. I said the kind with my fucking dog in it. They said I better come get it; so I asked how the fuck was I supposed to get there since they had my goddam truck.

When I showed up to the tiny little tow place to pay my damn $300 ticket, I apologized for being such a bitch. They were all nice to me and complimented me on my dog. Then, I learned that I got to pay for a parking ticket on top of the goddam tow charge.

LOL. Something like that happened to me in college on a ski trip. We rented a condo and packed it with about 30 people. There was no room for the 7 cars we had driven up so I parked on the street. It snowed that night and they towed a whole row of cars. There were NO signs warning of this.

The towing guys charged me like $180 (cash). I had to get a ride to an ATM and then to them. Plus I got a $50 parking ticket and could not contest it without driving 3 hours each way. Total BS. I was so pissed I didn't go skiing again for 12 years.

ouch. when I lived in DC I had my car towed. When I was at the lot standing at the counter someone called up and reamed the towing dude for 15 minutes while I sat there laughing. He and I had a good chuckle, I was polite, he told me he remembered my plates and wouldn't tow my car again.

Now with insta-condos and multi-fucking-plexes everywhere, I just hate it.

Those insta-condos and bad urban/surban planning are the way of the future in this country, and they suck ass. They are a big reason why I moved out of the N. side. Them and the damn Lowes/WalMart/HomeDepot/megaplexes put up everywhere.

It makes me want to put an arrow in the heart of every person who insists that high-density building is going to magically help traffic, global warming, community spirit, whatever. It just fucks everything up, brings in a bunch of people who couldn't afford to buy a house, and packs more cars onto the same small roads. Sucks.

Those insta-condos and bad urban/surban planning are the way of the future in this country, and they suck ass. They are a big reason why I moved out of the N. side. Them and the damn Lowes/WalMart/HomeDepot/megaplexes put up everywhere.

It makes me want to put an arrow in the heart of every person who insists that high-density building is going to magically help traffic, global warming, community spirit, whatever. It just fucks everything up, brings in a bunch of people who couldn't afford to buy a house, and packs more cars onto the same small roads. Sucks.

amen, sister.

It only sucks because Seattleites

1)Can't Drive

2)Can't plan traffic flow

3)Can't Drive

4)Refuse any sort of urban planning

5)Can't Drive

If you don't like them as your future check out Orange County sometime.....

there is another perspective though...that is if you live out of the city, then high density means those people don't live where you do...so better there than clogging up your favorite rural retreat? i know it isn't much help when you live in ballard and don't want it to change. you can always wait for that real rain that will wash all the scum off the earth :P

there is another perspective though...that is if you live out of the city, then high density means those people don't live where you do...so better there than clogging up your favorite rural retreat? i know it isn't much help when you live in ballard and don't want it to change. you can always wait for that real rain that will wash all the scum off the earth :P

I am convinced this does not hold true. More people move into the city, but more people move into rural areas as well. If anything, the higher density shit in the city takes competitive pressure off buying rural, so those who want to are more easily able to afford it. And more city packing will not make the rural life less attractive to people like me; in fact, it does the opposite. I was happy being in Ballard over the last 6 years, but now I think I am willing to commute even farther so I can get away from the encroaching city. I bet I am not the only one.

:lmao:

I am convinced this does not hold true. More people move into the city, but more people move into rural areas as well. If anything, the higher density shit in the city takes competitive pressure off buying rural, so those who want to are more easily able to afford it. And more city packing will not make the rural life less attractive to people like me; in fact, it does the opposite. I was happy being in Ballard over the last 6 years, but now I think I am willing to commute even farther so I can get away from the encroaching city. I bet I am not the only one.

I've lived in 7 cities in 7 years and that scenario doesn't hold true for any of them.

Thanks for being so helpful and explaining things... NOT!

I would have expected better from you, given your post record. A reevaluation is in order.

:blush:

um, whoa. there must be some sort of alignment of the planets against me, or else I am human after all!

If you will peek back at my post, I quoted "tvash" because I just assumed it was his post. He commonly uses the accent-written-as-it's-heard tactic, and coming from him it sounded pretty surly and know-it-all, and deserving of a little zip in a response. Now that I realize it came from you, I.. I, boy I just wish I could do it all over again! :cry: Can you bear to forgive me?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry:

How you can be so sure that I'm not just another carefully hidden, created for obfuscation, cc.com State secret "tvashatar" sent here to sow the seeds of malcontent? ;)

because tvashtars are not created, they evolve

Neither. I was sent here.

High density housing is more ecologically sound, affordable, and necessary for a sustainable future. Paving farmland and forest for subdivisions is not. The burbs are the least sustainable lifestyle we've invented; their days are numbered, at least in their present incarnation. If I owned in the burbs, I'd be a bit concerned about my investment right about now.

The problem with multi unit structures isn't the density; it's the ugliness and cheapness of some of these buildings. Pro-development oriented city governance holds some of the blame, as does easy credit. The solution is not to create more burbs, but to create quality high density without destroying the character of neighborhoods. Portland has many examples of this type of development. Seattle less so.

I don't think some of the new condo buildings on Phinney are that beautiful, and they certainly could be more so, but after living here for 17 years, I can inequivocally say that the neighborhood has vastly improved because of higher density. I have not been able to find a single neighbor who doesn't agree with me in the aggregate.

Higher density has brought in a younger crowd, better stores, better eats, drinks, entertainment, a farmer's market...the list goes on and on. Sure, I loved the used appliance stores that were never open and the auto body shops I never needed that predated all this new stuff, but you gotta sacrifice somewhere.

Gardening and landscaping has vastly improved as well. Hundreds of trees have been planted. The crows have learned to subsist on cigarette butts and litter, so their is none. Dogs are smarter now, and they are poopless and barkless. A free beer wagon plies the main street every evening at 7:00, pulled by naked, dancing nymphs.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

As an ideal, I agree that high-density housing is super. But there will always be people like me who simply won't live in them--no matter how well they are built. I will not share a wall with another person. I want my space. And the older I get, the more space around me I want. I know it isn't environmentally sound, but it is my choice. I'll try my best to make up for it in other ways, but I just won't feel guilty for wanting to live the way I want to live.