who killed archenemy?

minx

So Mrs. Selkirk and I just killed off the bottle of Dalwhinnie :) :) :) Very tasty stuff! Any suggestions for the next Whiskey? Contemplating the Black Bush Archie mentioned, but very open to suggestions :wave:

I'm enjoying the Balvenie 12 y.o. Double Wood right now. I think it is on sale... and so is Black Bush, Red Breast, and Black Bush single malt. I may be picking up a bottle of the latter to try. :tup:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Mrs. Selkirk and I just killed off the bottle of Dalwhinnie :) :) :) Very tasty stuff! Any suggestions for the next Whiskey? Contemplating the Black Bush Archie mentioned, but very open to suggestions :wave:

I'm enjoying the Balvenie 12 y.o. Double Wood right now. I think it is on sale... and so is Black Bush, Red Breast, and Black Bush single malt. I may be picking up a bottle of the latter to try. :tup:

Glenfiddich is on sale now, at least here on the east side. :)

Glenfiddich is on sale now, at least here on the east side. :)

Try the mini first (I don't think Glenfiddich is very good - YMMV)

Kilbeggan - if you can get your hands on it over here. Or for something interesting - Connemarra (peat-smoked single malt). Both made by Cooley - the only Irish-owned independent whiskey distillery.

I'm not a whiskey drinker but the spouse, friends, and I went thru a bottle of Kilbeggan pretty quick after a visit with the relatives on the Isle.

Scotch and Irish Whisky tastes like I'd imagine licking a combo of road tar and a Scotsmans balls would be. Except worse. That stuff sucks. I've tried a lot of different kinds and it's all bad.

Bourbon, the stuff made in the US, now thats nectar......now how did this thread get her from that first post?

Scotch and Irish Whisky tastes like I'd imagine licking a combo of road tar and a Scotsmans balls would be. Except worse. That stuff sucks. I've tried a lot of different kinds and it's all bad.

Bourbon, the stuff made in the US, now thats nectar......now how did this thread get her from that first post?

I dunno, I think of the many varieties of whiskey, Irish is the easiest to like/most accessible. Well, maybe Canadian whiskey is as well.

Bourbon, scotch, and rye are all very different and much more of an "acquired taste".

I dunno, I think of the many varieties of whiskey, Irish is the easiest to like/most accessible. Well, maybe Canadian whiskey is as well.

Bourbon, scotch, and rye are all very different and much more of an "acquired taste".

Bourbon makes me gag! I would agree with your comments (Irish is easiest to drink, Scotch is an acquired taste).

There are a few ways to really bring out the good flavor of scotch - you can drink it on the rocks or even slightly diluted with water, depending on the type, and it actually will enhance the flavor. I actually attended a Johnny Walker "seminar" at the Playboy Mansion (no joke) on Scotch - origins, ways to drink it, blends, etc. Made me a convert...now I think there is nothing like a nice Scotch (or Scotsman :)).

I could have used some of this during the weekend.

Here is what I did for fun instead:

img_1697.jpg

Shoveled snow off roof and fixed flue.

img_1699.jpg

Burrowed in to my woodpile under crushed shed and tested out new flue.

Good times.

Yep, you deserve a little whiskey for that project. Wow - nice snow, tho'!