So is your summer going going out with a bang?

Peter_Puget

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Index?

Try:

First pitch of Davis-Holland 5.9 (Good cams for pro, short crux)

First pitch of Town Crier 5.9 (Chimney with a short well protected crux at the end)

Short pitch to top of Big Honker Ledge 5.7

TR the crack below the ledge - right side.

Eat lunch and enjoy the view!

Like Index?

Try:

First pitch of Davis-Holland 5.9 (Good cams for pro, short crux)

First pitch of Town Crier 5.9 (Chimney with a short well protected crux at the end)

Short pitch to top of Big Honker Ledge 5.7

TR the crack below the ledge - right side.

Eat lunch and enjoy the view!

I love index. Thx for the beta, I'll check em

I got out most of the last 8 weekends. Last weekend I did a 1/2 day climb in 3 days (Ingalls), instead of doing a 3-day climb in 1/2 day, like the chest-beaters on this site like to brag about. I'm here to tell you - you're doing it all wrong!

Day 1: Hike in, camp, sit around, eat, read, sleep.

Day 2: Get up, climb, back at camp early afternoon, nap time, eat, read, take pictures, nap again, bedtime.

Day 3: Hike out, breakfast in Cle Elum.

Now that was a laid back trip.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just back from a week i the Tetons so yeah... I'd say I sent it out with a bang. Awesome trip. Thank god for it too because if I had to head into another winter after the total crap weather we've had here all summer I think I'd just kill myself. Climbed Nez Perce, forget the route... mostly Class 3/4 with a bit of low 5th as a warm up. Then Buckingham Ridge on Middle Teton and closed it out with Upper Exum (shoulda done Direct.... but we were worried about time... ended up taking about 2.5 hours to do the Upper so we were kinda kicking ourselves) on the Grand.

Looking for something to do Saturday.... anyone? All my wanker friends are going to dumb weddings and crap.

mmmmm Tetons.....sounds good.

homer_drooling.jpg

I spent my summer in Peru puking and shitting my brains out. Upon getting healthy, the weather came in, and never really left until the bus ride back to Lima. Now I'm left trying to get back into shape for the remnants of the season...

I'm going to Vesper peak for a bachelor party.

When you say Vesper, do you mean you are going to sleep on top? That would be cool. There is plenty of room.

did a solo trip and did just that this summer - the cool thing is you can climb the money slab pitch as many times as you want by traversing in from 3rd class ledges from the summit ridge - take more beer than me - i still was thirsty after the first 6....

Hoping that the fall season will make up for the totally suck summer. Index tomorrow, Squamish next weekend (with Smith as a back up) Smith the following weekend, PDX for the Ice tool comp the weekend after that, and hopefully keep rolling in the Desert until it's too cold to climb and Ski season kicks off :moondance:

Personally I'm a big fan of the drugs i'm on the moment! They certainly stoke me delusions :crazy: