To the fathers......

kevbone

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah now I know what it is like for some of you poor suckers with kids that don't sleep through the night. We just made the flight back from Rwanda the other day, 26 hours of fly time, 30 somthing hours total including the airport. We were all beat, but the jet lag has set in, little Simone been waking at 2 am. Last night Misti took care of her, tonight was my night, 345 am now, time to get some sleep again.

Edited by ken4ord

My 5 year old son just learned from the dentist that he'll be getting his two front permanent teeth in the next coupla months. Now I know why he screamed so bad whenever I tried to brush his teeth for him... :blush:

Five year old son!

Thats great.....I can only wait until my boy is five. Miles is 10 months and growing. He wants to walk right now......but will have to wait to get the balance just right......soon I tell you. Soon.

Do you have pictures of your children to share?

My 5 year old son just learned from the dentist that he'll be getting his two front permanent teeth in the next coupla months. Now I know why he screamed so bad whenever I tried to brush his teeth for him... :blush:

Five year old son!

Thats great.....I can only wait until my boy is five. Miles is 10 months and growing. He wants to walk right now......but will have to wait to get the balance just right......soon I tell you. Soon.

Do you have pictures of your children to share?

As requested:

Sobo's kids

Last update was February 2006, so Nick was 3.5 and we had just returned home from China with Elaina, so she is anywhere between 14 and 16 months old in these pics. The wife has it on her To Do list to update the site with newer pics.

I thought about this thread yesterday when I was at Smith Rock and came across a Pack and Play (portable playpen) set up in the shade with a beautiful 7 month old baby girl inside and a dad, wearing his harness, holding a sock monkey puppet and entertaining her while mom was climbing. The dad said when the baby was younger they brought down her car seat, but around four months old that no longer worked. The key for them was finding a willing third person to go along so while two climb the other is with the baby and then they rotate.

Not sure if it was one of you we met, but wanted to pass on what they did to you newer dads.

rmncwrtr: My wife and I have thought about bringing our young son to the crag……but we are in fear of falling rock…..if something happened to him…..I could not live with myself.

Miles is almost one year old…..only 6 more weeks to go….time is flying by right now…..hell…..its almost fall!

My son is four months old and has made two trips to Squamish, both to the Smoke Bluffs. The first time, he was two weeks old and slept in a sling carried by mom. The second time he was 2 months old and slept in his car seat pretty much the whole time. The key is to keep him out of the rock fall zone. A bug net is a good idea, too.

P6010029s.JPG

P6010024s.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
My little buddy is almost a year old......and he really wants to walk.....

Simone just started walking about 4 weeks ago, now that is all she does. It keeps us busy for sure. I think she tires herself out too. Yesterday she took a 1.5 hour nap in the morning then went to bed at 4pm and didn't wake up until 6:30am. Freaking 14.5 hours of straight sleep. It sort of freaks me out sometimes that she can sleep so long.

Those pics are just too damn precious!

Took my two tribal members out to the Blues last w/e. No pics yet, but it was still pretty smoky from other E. WA fires, and the burn damage from last year's Columbia Complex fire makes a lot of the background look like the moon...