To the fathers......

kevbone

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

OK Dads, last night I attended a girl scout sponsored dance for girls and their dads/male rolemodels. There were about 40-50 father/daughter teams there, and it was a tremendously positive event. I saw smiles on the faces of all the young ladies, and pure love in the eyes of their fathers. On my long drive back to Wenatchee today, I wept a couple times thinking about the event, and the bright beautiful smile my 9 year old daughter had all night. If you ever have the chance for one of these events, I highly recommend you go.

A much better fundraiser than selling cookies.

just got my little guys a harness after our first trip to a climbing gym. cant' wait to take them out again... and onto real rock soon. :tup:

Totally rad..... I am aways from that point, but am looking forward to it. I am thinking 4 years old.

it's amazing how natural climbing comes to little kids... as compared to when you learn as an adult like me.

if I can get someone else to belay, or lock off, I'll try and get a photo.

At about 5-6 months old, I used to hang my daughter up-side-down in a full body kids harness (some modifications) and hang her from the living room ceiling. It was like her swing. I would lay under her and watch her giggle.

never to young to get them in a harness.

This is the TRUTH...i'd hook my kids up at 2 1/2 and just swing 'em like crazy at the gym...by the time they could climb for real, ropes were "no big deal" and there were no trust issues...

the first "game" my daughter played with me was swinging in her harness, rope in the middle of the living room. She was in a sitting position duct-taped so that she sat up nicely. I was swinging her while trying to catch a few winks of sleep. I looked over, and every time she swung toward me she would make a cute little face and open her eyes real big. took me a moment to figure out that she was instigating "play" for the first time.

God, I need another baby!

OK Dads, last night I attended a girl scout sponsored dance for girls and their dads/male rolemodels. There were about 40-50 father/daughter teams there, and it was a tremendously positive event. I saw smiles on the faces of all the young ladies, and pure love in the eyes of their fathers. On my long drive back to Wenatchee today, I wept a couple times thinking about the event, and the bright beautiful smile my 9 year old daughter had all night. If you ever have the chance for one of these events, I highly recommend you go.

A much better fundraiser than selling cookies.

Although it is probably defunct now for being "politically incorrect", the Indian Princesses used to be a father-daughter group. We got to dress up in little pocahontas-type outfits for the meetings and make cool things out of sponges, potatoes, yarn, and whatnot.

I have a lot of great memories of my father, but those times I got to have him all to myself are certainly some of my best memories.

A great dad is one of the best gifts any woman can ask for.

just got my little guys a harness after our first trip to a climbing gym. cant' wait to take them out again... and onto real rock soon. :tup:

Totally rad..... I am aways from that point, but am looking forward to it. I am thinking 4 years old.

No way dood...start them at 2+ to 3 years...they are climbing into and over everything by then so its an unconscious switch...by 4 they are thinking enough that they might get freaked...best to bypass that stage if possible

I'm struggling with several kids' in my neighborhood to get them over that issue right now...I'm convinced if you start them young enough its better...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...