What Did You Do This Weekend?

Dave_Schuldt

Saturday - MTB ride at Fort Ebey state park. Mostly dry trails and no rain. There is something wrong when you work up a sweat in shots and a short sleave shirt in January.

Sunday - Did yoga to recover from ride, hung out with granny, cleaned house and food shopped.

1281img41089.jpg

So I was all stoked to sit down and partake in my Sunday night ritual of watching 60 Minutes. BUT THERE WAS SOME STUPID ASS CRIME SHOW INSTEAD!!!!!!! madgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gifmadgo_ron.gif

WTF is going on????????

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday: mountain biking at Fort Lewis .... sweet fun trails, some nice stands of tall trees... not too much mud, despite all the rain. fruit.gif

then later, party at a good friend's house in Olympia. lotsa bros, keg o' beer, good BBQed grubbins.... and lots of group-comiseration about the lack of snow in the hills... frown.gifmad.gifhahaha.gifyellaf.gifbigdrink.gifcheeburga_ron.gifHCL.gifrockband.gifsnaf.gif

Sunday: football

yep. yellaf.gif Ft Lewis actually has a fairly good sized chunk of lands that are open to rec use... biking, hiking, motos, ATV, etc... I think the official policy is that you're not supposed to be there but if they catch you they say like "just be careful & make sure to NOT go in the areas marked as 'restricted'". This was the first time i'd been on the trails there.. pretty cool... only saw a few other people there, all non-motorized.

they also let plenty of subversives from Evergreen College and elsewhere come on their property, with like permit/contract, to study forest ecology, salmon habitat, etc. Geek_em8.gif

Mmmm Chantico, can't wait. Funny thing is I don't know where the nearest 'bucks is! Probably a few hours from here, Spokane likely. Ha, have to go to another country to get a chocolate fix... yellaf.gif

Ahhh, wait, maybe I can brew up something here...

This w/e -

bookeeping/house projects/coffee roasting/crying in my beer about the rain/waxing skis/shoveling slush/...

Ah, the Chantico (or as DFA calls it, the Chicano)! Had one of them on Friday night, and couldn't quite finish it. That's six ounces of pure chocolate evil right there. Next experiment: Chantico with two shots of Espr'o in it for a super-concentrated mocha of near lethal jitter-inducing power.

bigdrink.gif *glug*

shocked.gif *eep!*

hahaha.gif *oi-iddy-oi-iddy-oi-iddy*

rockband.gif

Saturday took the family to Oly to hit Costco. Drove out to Boston harbor to show my fam where I lived back in the early eighties. At Boston Harbor Marina saw the Swirl tied up at the end of the dock. Alden-designed flush-deck 40 schooner that I sailed around the San Juans on in '82. Sunday I played with my new chainsaw. Limbed a fir I'm in the process of deconstructing. Now I need a chipper.

When there is no snow or ice you can:

Hike up the Chief in a rainstorm and talk to some Brits on an ill-fated ski vacation and then watch as a group of yuppies heads up the trail at 4:30 as it is getting dark clad only in jeans, down jackets (in the rain) and dress shoes. rolleyes.gif They smelled good though as they went off in search of an epic yelrotflmao.gif

Or: you can go to the extremely crowded gym and watch guys in leopard print tights and blue hair deck from fifty feet because their ninety pound girlfriends forgot to tie into the floor rockband.gif

See, you miss all this gong show shit when you go ice climbing and skiing. Fukin entertainin the_finger.gif