Feathered friends

Dan_Larson

I know alot of people on this site like feathered friends.Today a good friend of mine went in to rent a pair of plastics and crampons. He ended up just passing after the extremely rude treatment by the worker it was truly unbelievable . Anyone else have this experience or was the guy just a typical cc.com poster. It wasn't Colin as he has always been courteous and professional.The choices were simple .....punch him out and go to jail or just go .....we left (I hate Jail)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by thelawgoddess:

well, i'd hope your friends aren't rude to you! (it's a little different when you go in there and don't know any of the employees.) i find the guys at second ascent to be much "friendlier".

They were always friendly at Feathered Friends, before I ever even met any of them. Why do you think we became friends?

And I found the peeps at SA unhelpful. Go figger!

they're sales people, can you blame them for being bitchy... but at feathered friends youre like the coolest, bitchy, salespeople, i wouldn't sweat it, unless you have a shittier job/life. the dude just probably needed his pampers changed cause he got rained out of his latest alpine suffer fest with his 2 days off.

well since i dont live in seattle and what not.....i think they all suck....i support my roomate!!!

i think that i have found both places and even the other one in town less then perfect...but then again you are dealing with human beings and they all have their ups and downs....certainly in the retail industry you need to keep your downs out of the public eye....but sometimes that is near impossible.....

granted the two times i hd been at ff....i was not helped the way i think most cutomers would want.....i tend not to fend ignorance, but i already now it all.....just me!! so the peeps had little to do with me...no deal...i dont buy from those places anyways....but i would say that after someone i know came in and said sup to the kidz working there and me...we certainly had a much better repoire....

i think i kinda hit it on the head with layton's guiding thread about teaching and showiing others the things they need to know or want to learn....it is just hard sometimes for the experts to have the paitence and or the want to help someone else out....

granted since i was snubbed at first from ff...i will make them pay by never shopping there...no deal really, cuz i wouldnt want to pay their prices anywayz.....

dan, if you had a shitty deal with them....cryin here in no way can make it better....crackbolter(tony) seems to be a nice guys(just dont talk shit about his store though!!) send him a note outlining your issues with the specific person and go from there.....if they are the super store that they think they are then they will realize that possibly that their shit might stink once in awhile...and they might even help you out....

The FF folks have been cool to me. I run into Jeff and his wife a lot, both in the store and at the UW rock, have also talked to Todd, Marshall and Sandy, and that other guy who runs the place or something but whose name I don't know. None of those people have ever come off to me as the kind that would be rude to a customer - they're pretty mellow, everybody climbs and skis, etc.

I had a bad experience there last winter. I called asking them if they carried the telemark binding that I needed and they said they did, I asked if they would mount them and they said certainly.

But when I went in and asked for the binding that I was looking for, the service personel just pointed me in the direction of their display and said, "there they are". They did not have said binding. Then they informed me that they couldn't mount bindings for two weeks or more because their tech was out of town. When I asked why I wasn't given this imformation on the phone, I was given an explanation that didn't make any sense.

The whole time I felt like the guy was really irritated with me, and he was outright unhelpful from the start. I haven't gone there since. And I was friendly the whole time.

i think posting the peoples names on the internet....is dumb....that is about as bad as name dropping....no one cares if you have met them and know their first name.....

i mention crackbolter cuz he posts here sometimes and has put his first name on the site.....

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

i think posting the peoples names on the internet....is dumb....that is about as bad as name dropping....no one cares if you have met them and know their first name.....

i mention crackbolter cuz he posts here sometimes and has put his first name on the site.....

What makes you assume it's "name-dropping", as if knowing someone from Feathered Friends (or from The Supersuckers!) is a mark of distinction, to be displayed proudly where-ever one goes?

(I hereby declare proudly that I know a Matt, from REI! My esteem rises daily....)

And if it's a security concern, anyone can walk into Feathered Friends and get the name of any employee....The mention of names hardly constitutes a security risk. Or was this not your point?

I went in there a couple weeks ago to return some rental equipment for a friend. The woman behind the counter was rather perturbed because I didn't remember his last name, which means she had to go get the reservation notebook to find his name.

Gosh, made her do a little extra work. [Eek!]

Although I occasionally pass through to look at gear, I don't buy from Feathered Friends.

I was getting really steamed and with old age I am starting to handle it better than I used too . I wouldn't use the guys name if I knew it I truly have no wish to get anyone in trouble at work . I didn't say anything to the other person working there but I had to go . He wasn't even insulting me it was a friend of mine who just sat there and took it in stride. Believe me this guy can take care of hisself but I am sure due to his devoted christian lifestyle he was able to look at it in a different way than his hothead friend Dan.I work in the service industry and have for 20 years if you don't like the job get another one if you can. In the meantime be the best whatever you are. The public deserves to be treated with a smile and courteously, simple stuff and that is part of what dealing with the public is all about . I hate to feel like I am putting someone out when I chose to spend my money somewhere and am pretty sure most people feel the same way.

Your behavior usually ends up reflected back upon you. Occasionally, I end up coming across either the genuine asshole, or the generally acceptable person having an 'asshole moment.' If I'm pretty sure it isn't me, [Wink] then I can console myself knowing that it's probably the only asshole I'm going to deal with that day. The asshole, on the other hand, will be confronted with an endless string of assholes from morning to night, day after day.

Seems fair.

-t

I wonder how many pure "ass fetish" posts will come from this...

Leon Lloyd Bean once said, "treat your employees like they were your best customer." Makes me wonder how management treats the employees at FF. If they are not happy, it will reflect in their customer service. Retail sales is not very forgiving and neither is the American public. While we may blast REI for not having technical savy employees, at least they try to give you service with a smile. Regardless, it's no wonder I'm the LL Bean walking poster child. They define good customer service!

quote:

Originally posted by terrible ted:

Your behavior usually ends up reflected back upon you. Occasionally, I end up coming across either the genuine asshole, or the generally acceptable person having an 'asshole moment.' If I'm pretty sure it isn't me,
[Wink]
then I can console myself knowing that it's probably the only asshole I'm going to deal with that day. The asshole, on the other hand, will be confronted with an endless string of assholes from morning to night, day after day.

Seems fair.

-t

I wonder how many pure "ass fetish" posts will come from this...

I have never had issues with Feathered Friends. However there is a reputation I have heard even from people that live in Alaska about it. I bet it's changed but a reputation lasts for a long time as we all know.

I liked to buy the guidebooks there as well as gloves and other things. If crackbolter gets on my nerves I'll jab him in da face [big Grin]