Rainy day epics part II

Charlie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by ryland moore:

Looking bad for the latter of this coming weekend too. There seems to be a large front coming in cause they are calling for showers Tuesday at Smith. Clouds, rain, and T-storms for N. Cascades up into B.C. That one tech. weather report doesn't go out far enough. Dru, got any good online forecasts you trust for BC/US border? Still planning on NE Face of Redoubt. The one I saw said rain Sun, Mon, Tues. Those guys can't predict shit normally, but a big system coming in is a little hard to miss. I'll wait and pray 'til the weekend nears.

weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca

look up the chilliwack and hope forecasts

but they are only projecting to Friday now. looks like sunny with cloudy periods?

Yeah, that's the one BC site I saw earlier - doesn't go out far enough. The ones that do are saying Saturday nice weather, Sunday bad, Monday worse. How predictible is that? It is about a week away. Time will tell. I'll be pissed if the entire Cascades are crapped out for a long weekend. Will make me regret selling my Ducks tix!

Disregard above, just chercked two of the sites that I looked at this morning and they have already changed. Now saying weather bad Monday, Tuesday, sunday cloudy.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

~50 posts to go I will not hit 6000 until tomorrow sometime
[big Grin]

I need a new category all for me and I want a big cake too to celebvrate the momentous occasion. maybe declare a public holiday.

omfg hahahahah

the prophecy is true....

.hehehehehehehehe u were soooo right(someone not drul) ahahahahahaha

imortilaztion!!!!

We were just arriving on the summit of Kangaroo Temple when the thunder & lightning began. Great light show from the summit, and the thunder really added to that last pitch. Most of it missed us, but we did get dumped on the last mile or so to the parking area. Another reason I'm a fan of early starts.

Lizard brain,

What way did you go up The Temple? We put off the climb until Tuesday cause I saw the Mounties were going to be up there and also saw the weather forecast.

Instead we went and saw the movie "Signs" good but not nearly as good as "Unbreakable"

quote:

Originally posted by plexus:

Lizard brain,

What way did you go up The Temple? We put off the climb until Tuesday cause I saw the Mounties were going to be up there and also saw the weather forecast.

Instead we went and saw the movie "Signs" good but not nearly as good as "Unbreakable"

Funny. TimL and I went in to do the NW Face on the Temple and ended up doing the N. Face- first pitch on the NW Face looks rotten and crappy. Ended up sharing the raps in the start of the rain with the Mounties- who graciously let us use their double ropes for the last two raps. Started up the pinnacle across the way when the thunder started. Found a sweet cave under a huge boulder to wait out the worst of it...

quote:

Originally posted by plexus:

That was nice of them. How long did it take you from car to summit? Beckey says 6.5 hours and I have a hard time believing that.

Maybe 5-6 hours? I don't remember. We knew that it would be crowded and were in no hurry to get stuck behind a large group. I wouldn't make that hike just to do the N Face again (2 pitches, maybe 5.4?), but it might be worth it to so the NW Face, the N face and the little tower across the way.

quote:

Originally posted by Heinrich:

From Friday-Sunday the Joffre group was nice up in the great white north. T-storms all around but sunny overhead. We had the whole place to ourselves, just a few backpackers down at the lakes. Sounds like things were a bit wetter down here.

what routes didja do?