Who got some?

selkirk

Ok, who got some rock this weekend?

Went down to Smith and pulled tuff for 3 days. Never made the Climbers Carnival so I can't comment. But repeated a few easy routes for some newbies along for the trip. But managed to get in Lycopodaphyto (Very good), and Rabbit Stew (Less good), the arete above Karate Crack (now 5.8 as a few holds have busted off, but very well bolted unlike the description on the book) and capped it off with Moonshine. That is a smileysex5.gif great pitch!

woohooo! fruit.giffruit.giffruit.gif

Nothing like a 3 day weekend at Smiffy!

Lets here the epics and the whippers!

wave.gif

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I fear I was a criminal this weeekend, but I secured a tenant for my almost over endless remodel project in Portland, got blissfully hot and sweaty at a great Dead Moon show in PDX, caught up with lots of old friends at a couple social events, and gorged on amazing corn, ribs and salmon, so I don't count the holiday weekend a complete loss.

climbed dod's jam at beacon, then finished via dastardly (? not certain, i didn't have a guide book w/ me, but jim says that sounded right). this route rocks big time! the second pitch is offwidth but has pro in the back, the 3rd pitch was an easy aid climb for a wanker such as meself, and the 4th (dastardly, i think) was great fun.

Not me, unless you count climbing on some statues in front of the Asian Art Museum. I had friends visiting from back east so we were sightseeing around Seattle and hanging out at Bumbershoot. Hopefully I can make up for this lack of climbing next weekend. Anybody?

All right Paul, yeah boyee!!! That's a helluva cherry on top of the Tooth and some fun on WaPass granite. I'm super-stoked...

Rob, I'm pretty sure I shared some raps with your friends on SEWS.

And Cluck, were you in the two parties of two from P-town on the Beckey Route? Did I offer you chips on the summit?

Edited by skykilo