• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erik said:

Crackbolter said:

Eric Quote:

"own all wiregates"

Dude, you are such a liar! I know you have leaver ovals and d's. moon.gif

doh! great now my reputation and EGO are ruined.....

and to stomp on your buzz ever further, I have smoked with Sharma, yup, tis true (Dean Potter, I mean really he can't even climb 5.15...)

yeah and where is photograhic proof crackie?? sure my scw pic looks backwards and quite blurry, but that is besides the point!!!

and thanks for putting up all those single biner storage hooks in the icicle!! i mean they are great, you sometimes get like a free biner a pitch on a monday!

bigdrink.gifhahaha.gif

ok sure, move it to spray, but...

I really just want to know this site does something other than type. I enjoyed the "Top -3" Thread .There are so few trip reports. People are so paranoid it will set them up to be flamed.

Yes some of my bs is ego driven but I would love to know what , say, Dru( the real Dru) did this summer, etc. So lets flame him when he shares his actual climbs this year? I hope not. I will take the flaming for risk takers , and I will be the first one to high-five you when you send whatever.

bigdrink.gif -To the people who actually climb! bigdrink.gif

wayne1112 said:

I really just want to know this site does something other than type. There are so few trip reports. People are so paranoid it will set them up to be flamed.

Yes some of my bs is ego driven but I would love to know what , say, Dru( the real Dru) did this summer, etc. So lets flame him when he shares his actual climbs this year? I hope not. I will take the flaming for risk takers , and I will be the first one to high-five you when you send whatever.

Dude, it wasn't your topic it was the manner in which you stated it... we all have respect for your accomplishments, as well as a dearness to our own... bigdrink.gif

wayne1112 said:

I really just want to know this site does something other than type. I enjoyed the "Top -3" Thread .There are so few trip reports. People are so paranoid it will set them up to be flamed.

you must have missed all my trip reports this year while you werre out getting your t shirts made up boxing_smiley.gif

I'm sorry to see that Wayne is the latest target of the cc.com dogpile. It is pathetic, really.

So what if Wayne is egotistical? There's nothing wrong with a quip or two here and there, and there is realy little wrong with this thread except that it is yet another example of how we seem to like to bag on each other for no reason other than boredom and we can't even be creative in bagging on each other. One guy takes a shot at Wayne, and then it's open season. Come one, come all -- we can all show how smart we are by slamming Wayne. Sad.

This board is full of assholes who are far more offensive than Wayne. We have all kinds: perverts and pricks, fuckups and freaks.... you name it. Wayne is a good guy, and a hell of a good climber. If he wants to generate buzz about this summer's climbing accomplishments on a climbing bulletin board, what really is wrong with that?

mattp said:

I'm sorry to see that Wayne is the latest target of the cc.com dogpile. It is pathetic, really.

So what if Wayne is egotistical? There's nothing wrong with a quip or two here and there, and there is realy little wrong with this thread except that it is yet another example of how we seem to like to bag on each other for no reason other than boredom and we can't even be creative in bagging on each other. One guy takes a shot at Wayne, and then it's open season. Come one, come all -- we can all show how smart we are by slamming Wayne. Sad.

This board is full of assholes who are far more offensive than Wayne. We have all kinds: perverts and pricks, fuckups and freaks.... you name it. Wayne is a good guy, and a hell of a good climber. If he wants to generate buzz about this summer's climbing accomplishments on a climbing bulletin board, what really is wrong with that?

you must have missed the

hook-bait-troll
part of his original post and be taking him seriously matt rolleyes.gif

mattp said:

...Wayne is egotistical... boredom...creative ...open season...we can all show how smart we are by slamming Wayne...assholes...perverts...pricks...fuckups...freaks...Wayne is a good guy...a good climber... what...is wrong?

Much better...

First of all, I'm amazed that this post didn't get moved to spray a long time ago. I think the main reaction was due to the "you show me yours, and I'll show you mine" quip that Wayne made in his original post.

I've met Wayne before, and he seems like a nice guy, and he's definitely done some hard routes. I think that he's a bit nieve(sp?) with regards to this forum, though, and how the "pricks" and "assholes" would respond to his attempt to start a good climbing related thread.

As far as ripping on each other, I know that I do it for fun, and not to hurt other people's feelings(except NEWSTIPS, the carrion eating jackal). When poeple rip on me, I certainly don't punch a hole in my screen. I laugh, because the shit's funny. Hopefully, Wayne's laughing too.

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif Matt. I think rope up showed that most of us are actually nice people. Myra and her friend showed up and promptly told me they were really nervous about coming because they were somewhat newbies and after reading this website were intimidated by most. I think I did a pretty good job of convincing her that many are not who they seem (sad) and much nicer in person. Then there are those who pretty much are the same on the board and in person; some nice, some idiots. But a web site will always attract some to become their alter-ego. I suppose that is normal in a way as it IS a fun place to go. So while some confuse ego with alter-ego, the dissing will always continue, as will the fact some will be intimidated by it. Taken in context by someone who first signs on and reads half this shit to formulate an opinion on what this board is about, I fear a certain amount of decent climbers or newbies go away...permanantly. I commend those who don't fear the spray and post a TR anyway. I mean fuck, we gather at pub-club or rope-up, act civil and talk about what we did last weekend amongst other non-climbing topics just like on this board. We don't attack each other in person in those venues though. So anyone reading this, just know that we are not all assholes like we go out of our way to make ourselves appear! And what climber doesn't have an ego anyway? It's a sport and we feel good when we do well. The only score is your own personal sense of accomplishment and sometimes we like to publish the score.

Watusi Rodeo

Princess Mt. (my first 1st ascent)

Rope gun at Kids Rope-up

mattp said:

Come on matt, give us a break already. If Wayne posted his list of accomplishments/top climbs and was sincere about listening to others, I for one wouldn't have taken the cheap shots. The whole "tell me yours and I might tell you mine" thing is lame. As I said, it started as spray and continued as such.

By the way, where's your constructive contribution? Trip reports?

-slap bigdrink.gif

i don't climb shit, or make shirts but hey slappy where you at homes... i know only a small amount of what you did this summer, and damn yo way to get after it, also i respect the fact that you don't need to spray away... give me a buzz if you get this -bp

Edited by bobbyperu

Slappy, you have your opinions and I have mine. The fact is, I talked to lots of people at the last two weekends' events in Leavenworth and Smith. Many of them complained about the mean-spirited rhetoric on this site, and several said that because of this they would not post a trip report and were pretty much afraid to post at all. I did not talk to a single person who said that the site would benefit from more of the hostile rhetoric or even that the current level of such abusive rancor was a good thing. Not one.

As far as my personal accomplishments, I already added an entry in that "top three" thread and I've posted plenty of trip reports.