Top Posters In This Topic

MisterE said:

What is the one that is stuck in your craw? That you:

1. Aren't strong enough

2.Haven't quite gotten to it

3. Saving for the Onsight

4. Haven't found the right partner

etc...discuss.

I am so suck blush.gifon the fourth colum at the collums the right hand crack. it is a .10a so I hear, and in the middle of it the feet peater out and the finger locks are, well, slim... and I just can't get it cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif on top rope even... I am so suck cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Resolution Arete - Red Rocks (screwed up the approach once, moved too slow once, wrong partner once)

This one is still high on my "to-do" list. It's just a long (about 20 pitches) fairly continuous trad route with a good even distribution of pitches...about 1/4 5.7, 1/4 5.8, 1/4 5.9, 1/4 5.10, and a short mid .11 roof crux.

willstrickland said:

Resolution Arete - Red Rocks (screwed up the approach once, moved too slow once, wrong partner once)

This one is still high on my "to-do" list. It's just a long (about 20 pitches) fairly continuous trad route with a good even distribution of pitches...about 1/4 5.7, 1/4 5.8, 1/4 5.9, 1/4 5.10, and a short mid .11 roof crux.

next jan?

I've failed on Town Crier 3 times. First time we bailed from halfway up because of no other reason besides I had to go to work. Second we got weathered off when it started pouring. I went through a streak of poor partners after that. They'd stare at the upper wall from the general store parking lot and say "Uhh...... let's go free climbing instead." Then I decided to try soloing it, but after doing the whole clove hitch thing up the first pitch, I decided that solo-aid climbing just ain't that much fun.

madgo_ron.gifmad.gifmadgo_ron.gif

I vow to return with either a partner or a haulbag.

willstrickland said:

You can aid the roof. Bring drops or iodine, there is a small creek near the top on the descent for some much needed H2O.

I backed off Tatanka in RedRocks after taking a couple healthy whips and realizing I didn't have the efficiency or skillz to solo aid quick enough.

Went back few years later to tick it off. Long, half-day 4th class approach to shuttle shite into the canyon; and you get to do that twice. Sweet overhanging 1200 ft wall.

Couldn't believe I had had the sack to attempt it before.

Spent 3 days on it and topped out with no problems. Total isolation apart from the glow of Vegas

No current nemisi, need to set my sights higher and fail more.

MisterE said:

What is the one that is stuck in your craw? That you:

1. Aren't strong enough

2.Haven't quite gotten to it

3. Saving for the Onsight

4. Haven't found the right partner

etc...discuss.

Iconoclast/Hyperspace fits 1,2,3

Grand Wall fits 1,2, 4

Sagitarius fit #3 for long time, but I sent it ( rockband.gifboxing_smiley.gif) a couple of weeks ago (only to the ringing flake though Geek_em8.gif).

[this post is my official goodbye to the local "Sagitarius Scares Me" support group. wave.gif]

oh and Ginger Snap at Smiff. I have backed off a lead atempt on that climb I think 3 times frown.gif I clip the first bolt, and after that all I can see is my own death. I think I have let that one go though wink.gif SOME things are just better left un-done.

MysticNacho said:

I've failed on Town Crier 3 times. First time we bailed from halfway up because of no other reason besides I had to go to work. Second we got weathered off when it started pouring. I went through a streak of poor partners after that. They'd stare at the upper wall from the general store parking lot and say "Uhh...... let's go free climbing instead." Then I decided to try soloing it, but after doing the whole clove hitch thing up the first pitch, I decided that solo-aid climbing just ain't that much fun.

madgo_ron.gifmad.gifmadgo_ron.gif

I vow to return with either a partner or a haulbag.

yelrotflmao.gif

the moment I started reading this thread I thought "where's nacho, bitching about town crier?"

I need to come up with a nemesis.