Best PNW town

JGowans

I was in Olympia yesterday, and I always seem to remark to myself that it's a really nice wee town. Which begs the question, which is the best town / city in the Northwest?

I suspect this'll degenerate into a "your town sux" thread but what the hell. Any opinions on Olympia?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LIKE OLY

YOUNGER CROWD AND STILL A SMALL TOWN FEEL WITH SOME COSMO ATMOSPHERE.

I USED TO WORK THERE AND NEVER COMPLAINED.

I THINK MY FAV TOWN IS NOT A TOWN BUT AN AREA, BETWEEN WENTACHEE AND LEAVENWORTH.

Chelan.

Small, but not too small becuase it has all the amenities. It has a big lake to swim in. Sun is there for over 300 days a year. Warm too. Not too far from climbing opportunities also. And by the way, great fruit available too!

gapertimmy said:

rr666 said:

The Dalles, Oregon of course. It is far from being a trendy town like Hood River or Bend. It is still small and has some character, and is not too far away from climbing.

bend is so not trendy rolleyes.gif

Compared to what? cantfocus.gif

I remember visiting bend 10-15 years ago before most of the golf courses moved in. It was a nice small town. I agree, it is still better than most, but it is far from being laid back