Who's Been Where?

JGowans

Just curious as to who has traveled to other countries, and where they went, how long they went for, and what they did...

I've studied in Scotland, France, and the U.S. I've worked in Portugal, Sweden, Scotland, and the U.S. I've traveled for fun to Ireland, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Holland, Luxemburg, Germany, Iceland, Canada, Argentina, Chile, and I think that's about it. Russia, Poland and Czech are on the list this summer.

What about you lot?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

JayB said:Travelling is good. Will do more as time and $ permit.

Exactly. I get out as much as I can, usually road trips around the country and/or continent. I have trips scheduled this year for Banff, Monument Valley and the Tetons. On my radar for the next few years are Alaska, New Zealand and Norway. Sucks I have to work to afford travelling.

I lived in England for a lil' over a year, Cooba (shhh! dont tell), Lithuania for 9 months and i go to school in Canada... i have been to most countries in Western Europe and about 1/2 in Eastern Europe as well as Scandinavia... hoping to go to South America this winter... we'll see if the $$$ thing works out. Wanted to hit up Iceland, but shit's even more expensive than the rest of Scandinavia... lots! hellno3d.gif Looking to go back to Russia soon as i got a job offer to work for furniture exporters in Norway. Still hashing out the climbing situation tho'. Climbing to be had, but burly for sure... hellno3d.gif

JayB said:

Spent most of my Senior year in high school as an exchange student in Australia. Travelling is good. Will do more as time and $ permit.

That sounds wonderful fruit.gif

I went to Roaton , Hondoras for a scuba vacation. It was beautiful! The beaches were white sand, the weather was in the mid 80's, the diving was incredible. And the sunsets were amazing. I did my first night dive as well. grin.gif I also fly to the main land on one of those "I don't know if we're going to make" planes and did a white water rafting trip. BIG BUGS down there. Ick confused.gif

Spent 6 months outside of Osaka, Japan building "logu houses" in the mountains back in '96. It was cool to see the shrines on the few days we had off. Japanese are very ethnocentric, from my experience, but being a minority was definitely an eye-opening experience.

wave.gif

In the US I have been to every state except Hawaii.

Internationally I have been to: Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Jamaica, Caymen Islands, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Belgium(work), Austria, Hungry, Czech Repulic and The Republic of Slovak (slept through it on a train).

I try to hit a new country every year....well almost. I went to alaska this year, could be concidered another country.

No money. frown.gif So only BC and Oregon... cry.gif

I want to visit Australia, NZ, Brasil, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Sweden, Switzerland, Germany, England, Scotland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Antarctica... NYC, LA, Texas, Massachusett, Hawaii, Alaska, Georgia, Louisiana, South Carolina, and Florida.

Italy, France, Germany, Belgium, Denmark, Canada, Mexico, England, Vietnam, Taiwan, and every state in the USA except Hawaii.

Spent 5 years in Italy as a grade schooler/junior high kid, and then returned as a HS student. Best time of my life! Traveled all over W Europe by train on weekends and school breaks. Got room and board at monasteries and churches in exchange for alter boy services at Mass on Sunday morning before heading back home.

My folks were really cool about it, altho my mom freaked out every weekend when I left. rolleyes.gif

The folks at cc.com are too well-traveled for just a "where've you been" thread...we need specific subjects:

-Scariest Experience Abroad

-Most exotic place you got laid

-Most magical moment

-Drunkest survival TR

-Airline stories

START WITH YOURSELF ROBOBOBOBOBOBOB

ME:

BEING LOST IN S.F. AS A KID! SERIOUSLY IT WAS THE SCAIREST THING!!!

I AM WAITING TILL I GET MARRIED!

I AM SURE IT WILL BE MY MARRIAGE

HEH, THIS IS ITS OWN THREAD

I ALWAYS GET SEARCHED! ALWAYS!

JGowans said:

Just curious as to who has traveled to other countries, and where they went, how long they went for, and what they did...

I've studied in Scotland, France, and the U.S. I've worked in Portugal, Sweden, Scotland, and the U.S. I've traveled for fun to Ireland, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Holland, Luxemburg, Germany, Iceland, Canada, Argentina, Chile, and I think that's about it. Russia, Poland and Czech are on the list this summer.

sounds like you been to assramistan alot too. fuckin gaytard chestbeater.

grew up in panama, spent time in colorado, cali, south carolina, virginia

Traveled to italy once, france twice (for climbing), spent lots of time in belgium and holland...Canada a bunch (well, i guess that's us territory... the_finger.gif you dru!), Mexico, specifically baja

Hope to get to Thailand and back to france and really really really want to get to spain...love that limeystone...

erik said:

START WITH YOURSELF ROBOBOBOBOBOBOB

ME:

BEING LOST IN S.F. AS A KID! SERIOUSLY IT WAS THE SCAIREST THING!!!

I AM WAITING TILL I GET MARRIED!

I AM SURE IT WILL BE MY MARRIAGE

HEH, THIS IS ITS OWN THREAD

I ALWAYS GET SEARCHED! ALWAYS!

You gonna honeymoon in New Zealand???? They gots lots o' sheep there, beyotch!!!