Snow Creek Wall Conditions

erez

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a good boot path through the snowfield, and the schrund shouldn't be too tought to get across, though be sure to get up there early before the sun starts to get on the upper glacier causing wet slides.

Ticks...Ticks...Ticks. If you move fast like EriKa than you won't get any.

Seriously though. No snow whatsoever.

I was there on Sunday, and the conditions were perfect. There is no snow at all and everything was dry, including the approach, the descent gully, all belay ledges and the route.

We did Outerspace (I think, I get them mixed up, it was the harder of the two with the 5.9 traverse). A great route. The two long pitches near the top with the crack and the cheickens heads are two of the best pitches I've done. Just fun climbing.

Bring a 60 meter rope FOR SURE. wave.gif Make sure you stash your stuff where the goats can't get to it. If they screw with you, just pee on a rock. They'll focus on the rock.

Have fun and climb safe.

bigdrink.gif

Mr. Rodchester: "Bring a 60 meter rope FOR SURE."

Why you tellin' folks stuff like that? A 50 meter/165 foot rope has sufficed for decades and reaches all the pitches. I don't even own one of them fancy long and heavy ropes and won't buy one until the other sorts are phased out.

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Traffic seemed normal to low to me. There were people on a few of the routes on Snow Creek Wall. I could hear people shouting out bely commands from various routes. And with the wind, it required some serious shouting.

We had a 9.8mm by 60 meter rope and it just reached the belay ledge at the top of the fifth pitch. Had maybe two or three feet extra. confused.gif

Maybe I'm going crazy? confused.gif

Either way, have fun. bigdrink.gif

Rodchester said:

Traffic seemed normal to low to me. There were people on a few of the routes on Snow Creek Wall. I could hear people shouting out bely commands from various routes. And with the wind, it required some serious shouting.

We had a 9.8mm by 60 meter rope and it just reached the belay ledge at the top of the fifth pitch. Had maybe two or three feet extra. confused.gif

Maybe I'm going crazy? confused.gif

Either way, have fun. bigdrink.gif

50m works for the pitch if the second scrambles up a bit..

chucK are seriously gonna haul saltlick all the way up there for fukin goats... You are nuts... goodjob though they will be your friends for sure now...

yelrotflmao.gif

i have never seen a tick at snow creek wall this year. fruit.gif

Cpt.Caveman said:

Goats led the first pitch on the wall for me last time I was there. I think they can also be slung for pro.

seriously i have seen a goat go from outerspace start area to ledge above rpm first pitch...

its like he was tauntin us...

LOOK its so EASY- you humans are so rediculous...all that gear...ha! fruit.gif

Climbed Orbit today. Only one goat on top. He was loosing a quite a bit of fur (I guess its the season, or maybe all the climber pee). He was one bad muthafucka though. After we descended back to our stashed pack, I turned around, and there he was, same goat. I didn't see him while we were descending, so I think he probably downclimbed our route, 5.9 variation and all. Cool goat.

Oh yeah, nice climbing too.

No, I think he is losing fur because it is Spring time and he is shedding his winter coat. The ticks don't "eat" their fur out, but the goats do lose some fur by rubbing against rocks/trees and scratching to get rid of the ticks.

It was definately the same goat.

Maybe he downclimbed Outer Space? Maybe he is a space goat?