Best (Cheapest) Source for Gear

Necronomicon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to the Marmot store in Bellevue, pick out the gear you want, then do a search on google for the exact brand and item name. This usually works for me - for soft items you'll probably end up buying from a US based outlet (like Sierra Trading Post) and for the hard items, you'll get the best deals from Europe (you may need to use Babble Fish to translate the web sites to English).

well good to see their name gettin' drug the mud around here. They screwed me one time on duty ... or was that T-P? Can't remember, but I had a collections guy calling me after a few months, because the delivery folks had to pay duty and neither I nor the merchant picked it up.

MEC and the internet at ecost.com. Ecost lets you know the cheapest online site to purchase what you are looking for. This is the shit. On Ebay be very weary of fraud. I have been fucked, and it sucks cause you can't do anything. If you are buying form someone on the internet use an intermediary. SO if some guy says hey buy my bike, hav ehim take it to a bike shop, and then talk to the bike shop before sending the money. Have the bike shop ship the bike.

skyclimb said:

On Ebay be very weary of fraud. I have been fucked, and it sucks cause you can't do anything.

I will 2nd that as I have been screwed as well on E-bay. They SUCK! Some of the best deals I have found have been right here on the yard sale.

PLC said:

Go to the Marmot store in Bellevue, pick out the gear you want, then do a search on google for the exact brand and item name. This usually works for me - for soft items you'll probably end up buying from a US based outlet (like Sierra Trading Post) and for the hard items, you'll get the best deals from Europe (you may need to use Babble Fish to translate the web sites to English).

If you do something like this, please don't waste the salespersons time. rolleyes.gif

Twice a year the North Face store in Seattle has a sale for patrons. You just need to get on the mailing list. Everything in the store is 25% off. I have bought a lot of rock pro and other gear from them.