Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chucK=correct.

MORE IMPORTANTLY:

Drinking in Ballard this week=BAD. Drink elsewhere this week, and drink in Ballard next week! The beer in Ballard this week has been hijacked, and is not actually IN Ballard now! It is elsewhere! Drink somewhere where there is BEEr, noT BaLLarD!!!!

Report from the field: St. Patrick's Day 2003, London Correspondent: Dwayner

I expected the whole city to be stoked and festive about what should be the biggest boozin' day of the year. Let's just say that the only sure signs were Guinness banners and promotionals in many pubs, with the usual crowds maybe ordering a Guinness after work before heading home to face the family. In the Irish pubs, however, things were HOPPIN'! Drunks, dancing, an occasional aging transvestites, some flashing for bar souvenirs, etc. The tragedy, though, is that in England, the pubs last call for drinks is at 11:00 and then they close at 11:30, just when everyone is lit. In the Irish pub I was in, we were all ordered to "get the hell out of here, c'mon now! get the hell out!" A fine Irish end to the formal drinkin! And another thing....every Englishman I talked to had never heard of the corn beef and cabbage dinner so common in America. When I told them it was one of my most favorite dishes, the noses were turned up and I got the "you commoner" look.

So, have fun fighting over where you're going to drink beer tonight. I've got a dozen pubs to choose from within five minutes walk of where I stay. No fighting here....we just have a drink in each and move on.

- Dwayner bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Skisports said:

AlpineK said:

Lets talk about drinking. bigdrink.gif

I can't belevie you are talking about drinking about st pats you should be drinking... to bad I am sober I was DD but I won the bet of the most phone #s

I can drink and talk about drinking at one time buddy.

Anywho

We are all tied up between the Ballard Ale House and the Sloop

How about some of you folks who plan on showing up, but haven't voted yet, voice your oppinion. thumbs_up.gif

Edited by AlpineK