What is a "sick" climbing route?

catbirdseat

Dru said:

JoshK said:

Dru said:

which was tequila milkshakes

Please tell me this is the name of a drink and not actually a milkshake made with tequila, cause that sounds really sick! crazy.gif

yup

ice cream, orange juice, milk, blueberries, tequila, blend for 2 minutes on high speed, drink immediately with straw.

sick!!! puke.gif

Edited by Fejas

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ScottP said:

When I did Liberty Crack, the moves to the belay on top of the 4th pitch were covered with the affect of someones bowel movement. I found that pitch to be particularly sick.

Leading the first pitch of Lunar Leap on Lembert Dome in Tuoloumne, I had just gotten my hands on the lip of the lovely flat ledge that comprises the belay, and as I raised up to mantle, my belayer shouted "you're out of rope" and I simultaneously realized that the indentation in the ledge's edge right in front of my nose was filled with sun-heated very fragrant urine. That was sick.

A friend of mine had the bright idea that we should climb the rock gully below the lookout on Mt. Pilchuck. What we hadn't figured on is that people like to piss off the rail. It runs down that gully. What with the broken glass on the ledges and all, they should call it Mt. Upchuck.

catbirdseat said:

A friend of mine had the bright idea that we should climb the rock gully below the lookout on Mt. Pilchuck. What we hadn't figured on is that people like to piss off the rail. It runs down that gully. What with the broken glass on the ledges and all, they should call it Mt. Upchuck.

hahaha fruit.gif

catbirdseat said:

A friend of mine had the bright idea that we should climb the rock gully below the lookout on Mt. Pilchuck. What we hadn't figured on is that people like to piss off the rail.

Sounds like a good conditioner for climbing the Nose.

catbirdseat said:

Um. I have done this route too. This route was my friend's idea. Many years ago. I have lost touch with that friend. That friend used to live in Shoreline. Your named initials aren't by chance M.L.?

Stefan said:

Um. I have done this route too. This route was my friend's idea. Many years ago. I have lost touch with that friend. That friend used to live in Shoreline. Your named initials aren't by chance M.L.?

For those who have climbed it, it is always someone else's idea. No, I'm not that guy. Not only is there broken glass and piss, but it's wet and mossy. BUT, it's got an easy approach and descent. yelrotflmao.gif

Space Shot huh?

I took a piss while climbing Liberty Crack this summer. There were climbers down near the base (3 pitches below). I figured the piss would be dried by the time they got there. But....maybe they were speed-climbers or something, 'cause when we returned to my truck late that night the canopy had the window busted out. madgo_ron.gif

Was that you Dru? I didn't notice any beers gone. yellaf.gif

Dwayner said:

The term "sick" is another inane piece of climbing slang that was once considered clever but now is vastly overused. Actually, I thought it was kind of lame the first time I heard it and I wasn't sure if it meant something was good, bad, hard or otherwise. Like back in the day when the word "cool" was standard, then the term "hot" was coined to mean really good in a similar way. Polar opposites yet approximate. I personally put the term "sick" in the same rubbish bin as "take!" and other worn out shoes, but as long as we retain an inkling of what the users of such words mean, we can still communicate regardless.

- Dwayner

And by the way, Cocoa-Breath, I think it would be a real stretch to apply the word "sick" (as I understand it) to a boulder problem, unless you intend the word to mean "get a life".

I read another post on this thread, The Simpsons was mentioned, and it absolutely without doubt dawned on me:

Dwayner is the comic-book store owner guy!

You know the one: The pompous, condescending fellow who thinks the world is inhabited by fools worthy only of his contempt and scorn. I don't know if Dwayner is so entirely unconscious as the cartoon fellow, although he certainly makes a strong effort to convince....

Dwayner, you're sick.

Dwayner said:

"And by the way, Cocoa-Breath, I think it would be a real stretch to apply the word "sick" (as I understand it) to a boulder problem, unless you intend the word to mean "get a life". "

To which The Name of That Cheesy Rick James-Style Band in "Coming to America" replied:

"Dwayner is the comic-book store owner guy!

You know the one: The pompous, condescending fellow who thinks the world is inhabited by fools worthy only of his contempt and scorn. I don't know if Dwayner is so entirely unconscious as the cartoon fellow, although he certainly makes a strong effort to convince...."

I try to explain how cool this site to people, but nobody really seems to get it...

chucK said:

Space Shot huh?

I took a piss while climbing Liberty Crack this summer. There were climbers down near the base (3 pitches below). I figured the piss would be dried by the time they got there. But....maybe they were speed-climbers or something, 'cause when we returned to my truck late that night the canopy had the window busted out. madgo_ron.gif

This'd be worse than pee:

buttpaint01.jpg