• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
AlpineK

Pub Club 2/25

COL._Von_Spanker said:

Dave_Schuldt said:

ALs IT IS!!! On 45th in Walingford east of the QFC and Walingford center. Icegirl, we will go the Nickerson when we can sit outside. There is no food at Als, however, there are plenty of places to eat nearby. SEE Y'ALL THERE.

Icegirl; why don't you ride yer bike to pub club?

And show up in bike shorts around this gang??? HAH! Perhaps when the weather gets warmer... (kind of like going to the Nickerson)

icegirl said:

And show up in bike shorts around this gang??? HAH! Perhaps when the weather gets warmer... (kind of like going to the Nickerson)

You don't need to wear bike shorts to pub club, just wear some normal pants and roll up the legs, messenger style. If you do wear your bike shorts, I'll wear my full Mapei outfit that Kona gave me.

Here are some models showing off my euro-duds

foto_17_pop.jpg

Thinker said:

I, for one, would like to welcome the King5 gals to participate in Pub Club. It's possible that if they have a better understanding of climbers and climbing they might just be better reporters/editors/newsies in general. It can't hurt to have a couple of media people in our corner when it comes to reporting access issues, fee issues, car prowling at X38, and a host of other things we've all bitched about over the years.

AND....if it turns out they want to climb, too, all the better.

I second this idea. bigdrink.gif

Thinker said:

I, for one, would like to welcome the King5 gals to participate in Pub Club. It's possible that if they have a better understanding of climbers and climbing they might just be better reporters/editors/newsies in general. It can't hurt to have a couple of media people in our corner when it comes to reporting access issues, fee issues, car prowling at X38, and a host of other things we've all bitched about over the years.

AND....if it turns out they want to climb, too, all the better.

THANK YOU! The break-in story sounds interesting. We'd love to do it. But, just to be clear, that's not why we're here. We just think you all are fun.

COL._Von_Spanker said:

So does that mean you are gonna show up for pub club tonight K5N?

I might. What time are you going to be there? Newstips won't. she has to work 'til 11:30.

Tonights Pub Club Forcast:

Partly crowded with a chance of news personal, moving to complaining non smokers later in the evening eventually tapering off to hard core drinkers.

Tomorrows forcast is looking like a chance of sprayers, and a 50% chance of a hangover.

Between 7 and 8 is a good time. Just don't show up and then leave; We will show.

If you see a person with a Stihl chainsaw hat you are in the right place.

COL._Von_Spanker said:

Partly crowded with a chance of news personal, moving to complaining non smokers later in the evening eventually tapering off to hard core drinkers.

Tomorrows forcast is looking like a chance of sprayers, and a 50% chance of a hangover.

Between 7 and 8 is a good time. Just don't show up and then leave; We will show.

yelrotflmao.gif

next time with a little more flair!!

and you stihl be blingin that thnig!?

Colonel, there might be more than one Stihl hat in that joint!

KING5, usually there are a fair number of people clubbing, most of whom know each other, but don't be afraid to ask around for "cascade climbers". The first time I went to one of these no one knew anyone else, and it took a while to consolidate...

Might be good if one of Die Regulars describes some way to figure out who we all are, since looking for the more subtle signs (climbing cloths, that beedy eye, a Stihl hat) might not work for non-climbing newsies especially if its crowded.

If you have any doubt about which group we are, you can just stand at the bar and figure out which table the bartenders and waitress are bitchin' the most about and then head our way....

just look for all the rugged handsome men hanging out with like 4 girls... badabing grin.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

just look for all the rugged handsome men hanging out with like 4 girls... badabing grin.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Have you seen Thinkers *avatar* picture? yellaf.gifbigdrink.gif

Edited by To_The_Top

To_The_Top said:

Have you seen Thinkers picture? yellaf.gifbigdrink.gif

not a real picture of him... but if I remember corectly krazy 1 mentiond he wasn't 1/2 bad in person wink.gif

COL._Von_Spanker said:

7-8 is late for me (what can I say, I got a kid) -- will anyone be there at 5?

To_The_Top said:

Have you seen Thinkers picture? yellaf.gifbigdrink.gif

Puhhhhllleeeeeassseee! don't confuse my avatar with my picture! The only photos of myself I've posted are here and here

edit: TTT, I know you're just kiddin around as we've met in person a time or two... cool.gif

Edited by Thinker

That would be a night when almost all the local cc:com chicks show up (happens maybe once a month). Better to look for a group of 6-10 guys with an age range from 20s to 40s hanging with one or two women. Oh and lots of pitchers on the table. bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

king-5 - PC doesn't really ever start that early. Sometimes in the summer people will show at 6:30, but this time of year it's closer to 7:30.

A couple of observations:

King5....you wouldn't be getting all of the attention from most of these characters if they thought you were a guy.

Horn-dog/Spray Monkeys: perhaps you are being Amber-trolled.

Also....Icegirl...don't listen to them punks trying to get you to wear your bikeshorts to Pube-Club....they're only hoping for camel-toe and other tight views. I say, "Fogettaboutit!" They should be content with your delightful social skills and climbing repartee.

- Dwayner bigdrink.gif