Official 2nd Annual Smith Tuft Love Fest thread

gapertimmy

UPDATES!

TUFT LOVE DATES: OCTOBER 8 - 10th, Save the dates!

Well sheeeat, its almost August, the wild fires are a blazin, i'm still getting over my shakes caused by lack of skiing... so i suppose its time to plan on some tuft love.

Thats right folks, its time to start planning on getting shnizfaced, passing out under juniper trees, and recieving golden showers from the finest sprayers this side of Prineville! TIME FOR TUFF LOVE!!!!!!

First off, I wanted to get a feel for when folks would like to have the fest. I personally think we should have it mid to late RAWKtober, a final horray before freshiez... but open to suggestions... once we have a few dates thrown out, we'll have a poll, and be all democratic about this shit.

Plans for this years festival include free beer, sausage, more sausage, naked thrutch keg stands, and a raffle to win cool prizes like getting to shave jon's jersey boy legs!

w00t! wave.gif

Edited by gapertimmy

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whenever we do it I propose we make it 80's theme tuff love to pay homage to the birth place of sportos!

Just think... if we got a strong representation from cc.com the park would be crawling with spandex (complete with HCL.gif)... neon pink harnesses... ghetto blasters on the monkey... wazzup.gif

Could make for some classic photo ops... what do ya say?

But I have some super sweet TNF 80's weight lifter pants and a matching TNF tank top that are tight in all the right places! I'll gladly wear a pink harness if someone can hook me up... I think arc teryx made one for awhile in pink...

Yeah 80s!

sure is a lot of shit talking considering the energy and enthusiasm that the 80's and early 90's had going at smith...it was cutting edge in north america at the time...

say what you want...it was also cutting edge (well alan anyway) for hard trad climbing at the time too...

It was not my intention for my comments to be interpreted as demeaning to those folks who pulled down for smith back in the day... I will always be chasing what they accomplished decades ago...

I just think the combination of cc.comers + booze + 80' gear could make for a real h00t... that's all.

I think someone suggested on the rope up thread the last weekend in sept for lworth and 2nd weekend in Oct for smith. If it was spread apart anymore than that I would have to skip one or the other. Three weeks is the max I can take off of work.

I know Im not the only one to consider when planning this gala. I had a great time being able to attend both last year and it made it much easier for an outta stater to find partners, rides, etc. If you could keep me in the back of your mind timmy I would greatly appreciate it! smile.gif

bigdrink.gifcheersbigdrink.gif

I think arc teryx made one for awhile in pink...

Petzl Mercury was fuschia as late as 1993.

NOLSe, you got a real affinity for playin' dress-up don't cha? hahaha.gif Suede 70s vests, cowboy style bandanas, and now this. You should look into maybe joining up with a Village People tribute band rockband.gif

sure is a lot of shit talking considering the energy and enthusiasm that the 80's and early 90's had going at smith...it was cutting edge in north america at the time...

It was hot stuff - I was justing reading climbing #100, awesome stuff rockband.gif Now if we could find a woman dressed like a certain Patagucci add of the era...

Function first d00d! The vest is awesome for chimneys and offwidths... I've been thinking about getting some chaps to match! It just so turns out the ladies dig the buckskin lining (oh! its so fuzzy!) in combination with the bandana (I gots to pay tribute to Johnny C)... on occasion its all I wear to bed blush.gifwink.gifsmileysex5.gif

And if you think the vest/bandana combo is bad you should see my black and silver velvet suit… straight up dirt on the shoulder!

376911-ffvestedit.jpg

376911-ffvestedit.jpg.e659f47854004bc7148f981578cd9a59.jpg