Trip Reports

kevbone

183678995_95cb58fa53_z.jpg

I was just venting...I didn't realistically think that I would actually be able to get through to him. Many have tried fruitlessly before, and why would anyone expect to have an actual meaningful conversation with a 911 Truther (let alone the other garbage that populates his head). Engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed person just isn't right.

It was really just venting and to let others know that we do recognize that this board has become stagnate in some regards. Some of it has to do with the discourse that we have been having (and not just Kevbone). This discourse hasn't really been that interesting, especially when compared to some stuff that has been on here in the past by some razor sharp wits. Some of it has to due with competing spaces (Facebook, blogs). I'm sure you all haver your own opinions.

That all aside, this website is an awesome resource and continues to be so. As time permits, Jon and I will continue to try to be good stewards and improve the site.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been doing a lot of reading in my "spare" time recently about building and managing communities. One thing I have discovered in this that people have to have motivation for contributing, but those contributions need to in some form have the bettering of the community in mind and not just for your own entertainment. If everyone just posts strictly for themselves then the road we go down is that this place will no longer exist.

Let me quote some of the reading, from the Discourse Blog.

Improve the Discussion

Help us make this a great place for discussion by always working to improve the discussion in some way, however small. If you are not sure your post adds to the discussion or might detract from its usefulness, think over what you want to say and try again later.

The topics discussed here matter to us, and we want you to act as if they matter to you, too. Be respectful of the topics and the people discussing them, even if you disagree with some of what is being said.

One way to improve the discussion is by discovering ones that are already happening. Please spend some time browsing the topics here before replying or starting your own, and you’ll have a better chance of meeting others who share your interests.

Edited by jon

+1 for trip reports. I've been reading this site since inception. Many a great inspiration has come to me here. CC rox. And for all of you out there - thanks for the awesome advice when given.

+100 for ivan's TR's. Great descriptions. He really is "The Angry Hiker" for CC.com.

I was just venting...I didn't realistically think that I would actually be able to get through to him.

No need for "getting through to me".....I am fine.

Seriously.....should I count how many times other posters have insulted me on this thread alone? You talk about derailing the core objective of this site. Maybe you should look in a mirror and reflect on you. I have no problem with me and what I believe. I also have no problem with others and what they believe. But you allow so much name calling and insults it’s unreal at times. Oh well…..

I am not mainstream….so I guess that sets me apart. I am fine with that. Apparently nobody else is……that makes you (as in all the kevbone haters) not look so great. I know some folks who have been turned off by this site simply because of all the insults that have been allowed. And not just to me.

I also know that just typing this and saying is means nothing to this group of haters. No biggie…..life goes on.

I am out. Going climbing.

Google "911 Inside Job" and see how much of a unique snowflake you are. You're in some rare company there, boyo.

Stand in the village square breaking raw eggs over your head and see if passersby don't keep you re-supplied. I know, I know: you don't get the reference.

Look, man, you may be as dumb as a fence post, but even the latter knows enough not to advertise. You've built the typical, narcissist's Tower of Power around your Free Pile Truther meme - they haven't exactly broken the mold on your brand of snowflake, but you might try examining the long line of folks here who are coming to your defense and consider if this is the appropriate forum for you to get the Word out. You've presented zero new ideas here - just repetitive crap that is readily available in bulk from the moronisphere. I mean, Michele Bachmann hasn't taken her website down just yet, has she?

But hey, Bone's OK, so it's all good, any feedback = Bone hater, and the world is full of them. It seems that nobody wants to hear The Truther's message for humanity, just because He's not Lame Stream. And here I thought narcissism was usually coupled with at least a modicum of intellect.

Dumb and narcissistic. Now that's an unfortunate combo.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Unlike some of the mean spirited douchbags on CC.com, some of whom have weighed in on this thread already, Kevin is a good person and has a good heart.

If it was me picking and choosing who hung around here, I'd take Kevin any day of the week over some of the overeducated overopinionated no morals or soul shit heads who regularly think that attacking others shows the world that they are smarter than the person they are attacking. Anyone who is smart enough to know better but enjoys publicly and directly belittling others, is a total fuckhead not worth responding to or having a discourse with IMO.

Later Kev, have a good time out climbing. Keep heart and remember that at least you're a good person and not a dipshit and a jackass like some of the turds who regularly attack or bait you.

Unlike some of the mean spirited douchbags on CC.com....

I'd take Kevin any day of the week over some of the overeducated overopinionated no morals or soul shit heads....

Anyone who is smart enough to know better but enjoys publicly and directly belittling others...

:lmao:

Dayum...your database has got it all!

All this love from a guy I've never even met.

There's no telling what could blossom once chemistry takes over. Beacon! I'm comin for ya, baby!

Anyhoo, this was most likely a pointless exercise, but perhaps enough of it sunk in that it may one day germinate into an actual idea - that clamping oneself in the village stocks dressed in a giant chicken suit covered with 'Kick Me' Postits may not, in fact, be the most effective way to win friends and influence people.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Later Kev, have a good time out climbing

I will....however it is still raining from time to time today....so we have to drive out and see what happens.

when you get back, post a trip report

with pictures

If I do it will be in spray where it belongs. :fahq: