Fluoride in the water?

kevbone

What is the big deal?

http://kidshealth.org/parent/growth/feeding/fluoride_water.html

I would think most conservatives would be against the government forcing you to intake a substance such as Fluoride. You know....since they are for a smaller government. And it is up to the parents to help with the dental hygiene of their children....not the government.

But Lars and his right leaning cronies are totally for this.....what have we come too.....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost every credible national, state, and local health and science organization—private and public—gives its blessing to optimal levels of water fluoridation: The American Medical Association, the American Dental Association, the Environmental Protection Agency, the World Health Organization, American Academy of Family Physicians, and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, which named the measure one of the 10 greatest public health achievements of the 20th century. They all agree that fluoridated water is perfectly safe and extremely effective at preventing tooth decay.

link

They all agree that fluoridated water is perfectly safe and extremely effective at preventing tooth decay.

I dont think it is up for an aurguement that it does or does not prevent tooth decay. The question is should the government force it on you?

They all agree that fluoridated water is perfectly safe and extremely effective at preventing tooth decay.

I dont think it is up for an aurguement that it does or does not prevent tooth decay. The question is should the government force it on you?

Yes they should. They should also force all you fatties to exercise. And wear a dog collar that shocks the piss out of you every time you try and cram some junk food down your pie hole.

OMG TYRANNY! THEY'RE HARMLESSLY PROTECTING MY TEETH WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!!!

They don't. Clean, purified and fluoridated tap water is like electricity, roads, public transportation, and a other services that the Guvmint provides for its citizens. They benefit us all and cost money to build and maintain. We all pay. We all benefit.

You don't get to question why we're on 60hz AC vs a DC grid. You plug in or you don't.

You don't get to question whether we drive on the left side or the right side of the road or at what speed limit. You abide by the rules of the road or you get fined, lose your license, go to jail.

You don't get to decide how we purify our water or what we put in it to make the population healthier. You drink it or you don't.

If you want to live off your own well, generate your own power, and stay off the roads that's just your choice. Good luck to you.

Last time I checked it's called 'public health'. Hell, let's abolish the CDC while we're at it as they're clearly evil. Sigh, fighting ignorance - who knew the Internet would make it that much harder, not easier.

Last time I checked it's called 'public health'. Hell, let's abolish the CDC while we're at it as they're clearly evil. Sigh, fighting ignorance - who knew the Internet would make it that much harder, not easier.

The splintering of modern media allows people to go through days, weeks at a time only reading, hearing, and seeing news that agrees with their world view - because that's what drives clicks, which drives ads, which drives revenues.

This allows people to persist in their bubbles of blissful ignorance more easily than they could 20+ years ago when Walter Cronkite could tell us all, "That's the way it is."

Yes they should. They should also force all you fatties to exercise. And wear a dog collar that shocks the piss out of you every time you try and cram some junk food down your pie hole.

I bet you want boner to wear a dog collar... sicko.

Last time I checked it's called 'public health'

I believe it is up to the parents to teach their children about brushing their teeth. Not the governement.

Yes! Additionally, I believe it's up to the parents to ensure their children are drinking healthy water, that's why we should also abolish water treatment plants. Let parents boil their own water, GET THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF MY KITCHEN!!!!

Last time I checked it's called 'public health'

I believe it is up to the parents to teach their children about brushing their teeth. Not the governement.

yet folks who brush regularly but drink unflouridated water have more cavities then those who brush the same way but do drink treated water - hmmm...coudl there be a hypothetical explanation? :)